• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Site building contest

Blink 182 makes funny music videos...but I dont like their kind of music... :)

Anyways, you should avoid using primary colours on your site's theme, using blue with the black background just looks basic and the blue button with red outline looks very basic. Try some other colour combinations and variations and try not to use basic primary colours only. There's alot more colours to choose from the web palette. You could have a clean professional looking site using only 3 colours but they have to have good contrast to each other. Choosing the perfect colour theme combination is the thing!

Also, a colourful Blink 182 collage with logo text of some sort would be great on the intro page. Right now, the majority of users have a Macromedia Flash plug-in installed on their browsers so an alternative html page is not really required "unless" the flash page is so big (+200kb) for slow connection users like me. Anyways, we have no choice but to install the latest Flash Player unless some users are ignorant. I see the flash in your site is only a menu and its small in file size and there's only a minor differences between the html and flash version. I'd recommend making only one version.

Making navigational graphics doesn't have to be boney looking, try adding some photo snips of Blink 182 on the navigation menu. But the text titles have to stand out from the background photo graphics.

Theres a couple of good web font alternatives (Verdana, Arial, Georgia, Tahoma, Trebuchet MS, etc...) rather than only using plain Times New (It should be Old!) Roman.

Last, maintain a good clean layout, not scattered text with different font styles all over the page.

Best regards,

Hey, thanks. Yeah, I realize MOST people have flash installed. According to some recent survey, I think 96 % or something like that. The only reason I have an html only section is because I made it first. I made the whole site for computers class last year, and when I heard about the contest, I thought I might as well upload it. I know the flash menu is simple and boring, but doing more than that is too much effort for a crappy contest. The only thing this site has that is real good is my awesome blink182 game.(Actually, it's a asteroids clone, and it's impossible to lose.) I checked out some other blink site on tripod.ca(must be on tripod to enter), and mine (IMO) is a lot better. Content and Design wise. Hope the judges like it!

i'll just say that if you were up aganst me in this little design contest, you'd get your but whooped... heck, by most of the people here as well.

Originally posted by keith
i'll just say that if you were up aganst me in this little design contest, you'd get your but whooped... heck, by most of the people here as well.

NONE of you guys stand a chance to my wicked web design abilities.

Just kidding ;).

Originally posted by keith

Well If I actually put some effort into it, my site could be prety damn good. Thing is, I made it for computer class, so didn't put much effort into it. Just trying to keep it simple. I'd have to agree that ya'll could kick my ass anyways...

Back