• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Searching for a game dedicated server with game panel

helo all,
i am searching for a cheap dedicated server with game panel included,

prefereble specs are:
2.4ghz - 3Ghz Intel cpu
512 - 1GB Ram
5mbps port unmeterd tranfer or else with alot of BW
some game panel

i need this to start with, budget 50$

i would like to host cod1, cod2 & css for now,

i would like to hear some of your offers here with your specifications and where will the box be hosted.

Thanks

I added you to AIM. I can offer for $50

P3 1.0gHz
512MB RAM
2000GB Bandwidth
40GB HD

5mbit port unmetered will not do well for gaming. You are best off getting a 100mbit port and the standard 1000gb transfer

if you are looking for a dirt cheap game panel then go to game-panel.com they can offer one for $5/mo

as far as the budget is concerned that is simply too low for a gaming server. Are you hoping to offer game servers to others or simply looking to host a few gameservers for a smaller budget?

AvailNetworks, you dont need a 100mbit port for gameservers really, a 1-2mbps uplink port of a good provider like Mzima or interNap will work wonders for a game server. OF course you need burst depending on 95%.

Codeunix have you thought about going with a gameserver provider, as they can offer you support and the gamepanel, you should really look into that.

It's great to beback on the boards. Hi board :)

thx for all your posts, i will obviusly consider what you told me, and please post me some other providers that offers game server as LpServer said,

also the 1st offer of Utcrazy i think its a good start for me,
but i would like to hear more in ths thread...

P.S. i didn't said i am limited to 50$ but i dont wish to exceed an expensive budget since its our 1st time to start offering game servers, so we don't know about our clients demand of purchasing thats why we start with small budget.

Thanks

the 100mbit connection I think is a needed item especially if you are going to sell to others, I know that servers use on average of 1-2mbit but you cannot account for spikes in connectivity and other things that may be going on with the server, it falls under the better safe than sorry category

Gameserving is a rowdy business and if you are going to sell to the general public then you need to do it properly. That includes a decent machine with a commercial grade control panel. Unless you plan to just sell gameservers to maybe another clan or 2 you really need a machine with some decent speed and provides nice gameplay, otherwise you will end up where the rest of the gamehosts are....nowhere.

A machine like utcrazy suggested is great for your budget but in reality cannot do anything involving game serving with the exception of maybe a single gameserver under 12 players

This is what I would suggest to get started:

P4 3.0 or AMD 64 3200+
1Gb Ram
Windows 2003
Tcadmin Control Panel
100mbit Connection
500Gb+ Transfer

~4-5 Gameservers of average size

ideally:
Dual Xeon 2.8 or Opteron 170/Dual Opteron 246
2GB Ram
100mbit connection
Windows 2003
Tcadmin Control Panel
500Gb+ Transfer

If you wish to get started and get a general feel for the gameserver market let me know, I am looking to take on one more reseller for our gameserver segment. It requires no investment and I can offer advice and guidance while you are starting to build

hi availnetworks, we would like to run our game servers on a linux OS not on a windows OS, we could talk on skype since i have yours long time ago ;) Thanks

Back