• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Riverworld.net Free Space!

Riverworld

We are offering free space under some strict conditions:

You must explain why you deserve free webhosting. You must live in: Australian, New Zealand, Canada or UK. You must show some potential for your website > no personal sites (blogs will be considered though). You must keep your site updated and innovative.

Your account will start of with:

10mb space
100mb transfer
PHP, CGI/perl, mySql, webmail, webstats
cPanel
with all its features
We will force no ads on your site (you may agree to some self-inflicted ads for more features)

You can slowly upgrade your account space and transfer by doing a few things for riverworld.net - you must contact us for more details though.

All accounts will be hosted on a subdomain ONLY of riverworld.net - we charge $10/year if you want your domain hosted, so we're not offering that in this thread ;)

You must PM us ONLY to request the above- and also show how your site does/will fit the requirements.

We will not accept all requests- and it is up to us to decide. Our word is final!

<edit>
Just to be a bit more specific about features, you can earn more by doing some things for riverworld.net - but this is what you start with for free:
1 FTP account
1 email account
1 mySql database
10 sub-subdomains (i.e. sub.youruser.riverworld.net)
Frontpage extensions
The cPanel theme is Xskin - yummy :)

Last edited:
Firstly, all free accounts can be easy upgraded without payment to riverworld.net - they can just do a few things for us.

Secondly, no one is making you use our free services, so don't bother complaining about them. We're not about to go throwing gigabytes of transfer at free clients and go out of business next week... we have to pay for all free accounts we set up after all.

Lastly, all of our free clients have stayed under their monthly limits, and some have already had their ac----s upgraded for free. Plus, you could download War and Peace about 40 times with that transfer amount.

100 megs bandwidth is pitiful

Just because it may seem "pitiful" to you doesn't mean it's not enough for plenty of people who just want to host a few personal homepages or something like that.

Don't complain when somebody offers something for free just because it doesn't suit your own personal requirements.

I've been asked what exactly you have to do to get your account upgraded...

It depends on your skills, and what you do for us will determine how much your account is upgraded by.

For example, if you help out in our forums we may double your features, space and transfer. If you design something for us, we may move you up to the RWmini plan free of charge.

If you can make a suggestion as to what you can do- and we think it is acceptable and worthy, then we will upgrade your account. It is as simple as that.

However- you must have a free account before you can "do something for us"

And again, you must fulfill the requirements listed above :)

Have a good day all :)

i don't think anyone deserves free hosting. if you get any hostees, it won't be on those terms.

Originally posted by keith
i don't think anyone deserves free hosting. if you get any hostees, it won't be on those terms.

I would tend to disagree with you there... however, once a user states why they deserve it (and even if they don't), you can usually determine more about their site ;)

And anyway- I made the rules, so I can change them :p

I bet I would have taken this deal 2 years ago.
This is a great deal for a certain people.
None of us have any rights to down the host just because of the way they want to run their their space.

Originally posted by Loon
Just because it may seem "pitiful" to you doesn't mean it's not enough for plenty of people who just want to host a few personal homepages or something like that.

Don't complain when somebody offers something for free just because it doesn't suit your own personal requirements.

Originally posted by Nocturnal
I bet I would have taken this deal 2 years ago.
This is a great deal for a certain people.
None of us have any rights to down the host just because of the way they want to run their their space.

Thankyou for the support Noctural and Loon :)

No offence but i dont think many people will be using your paid service, many people offer a much better plan for 5$ a month i saw somone offer 1gb space and 6 gb bandwith full featured cpannel, mysql php ftp email...and there service is very reliable. so.. :chinese2:

This thread is about their free hosting plan, i don't see how that's relevant, and besides just because it's cheaper it certainly doesn't make it "better" more often than not the opposite is the case.

Originally posted by Master_tee
No offence but i dont think many people will be using your paid service, many people offer a much better plan for 5$ a month i saw somone offer 1gb space and 6 gb bandwith full featured cpannel, mysql php ftp email...and there service is very reliable. so.. :chinese2:

If we go any cheaper, we will be out of business like many others hosts I've seen. Infact, we're 80% cheaper than the other hosts in our area already. Plus, we do offering free phone support for both our free and paid clients. We're not here for the hosting-price-wars, we're here for the friendly support we offer our clients.

Originally posted by Loon
This thread is about their free hosting plan, i don't see how that's relevant, and besides just because it's cheaper it certainly doesn't make it "better" more often than not the opposite is the case.

Loon's right- this is about our free plan, not our paid services. Thanks again Loon for the support :)

Can you please add a text link on your home page or at least provide a link here to get further inside the site for those of us that don't use IE and/or don't have Flash installed?

People dont complain about bandwidth , TO host you we spend money out of our own pockets to provide webhosting, Dont complain you arent the one paying for it. I accually think this is a great deal. WYSIWYG.

I made the site for Opera, not IE :)

I'm having a non-flash site designed soon for users like you, however if you tell me what it is you want to see, I will copy it to a non-flash page of our site so you can view it if you like. :)

Originally posted by Riverworld
I made the site for Opera, not IE :)
That makes a welcome change. :)

I'm actually using Opera 6.04 (UK version), but I haven't installed the Flash plugin as I'm using someone else's computer.

Besides, I despise Flash. ;)

I was hoping to see info on your other plans, the FAQ, TOS and/or the forums rather than ask questions you've already answered on your site.

Originally posted by wysardry
That makes a welcome change. :)

I'm actually using Opera 6.04 (UK version), but I haven't installed the Flash plugin as I'm using someone else's computer.

I've got v7, so there you go :)

I will move the stuff to a HTML page and post back here...

But I don't mind being repeditive, and don't mind answering any questions :)

Excelex.net said:
People dont complain about bandwidth , TO host you we spend money out of our own pockets to provide webhosting, Dont complain you arent the one paying for it. I accually think this is a great deal. WYSIWYG.

Thankyou Excelex.net, I totally agree with you on this one :)

Back