• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Require Linux Dedicated, Administered, Maintained server for up to 40 sites

1 - It seems to get an IP for each site, then it is a server for each site.
A server is not needed to get a ip for each site.
Multiple ip's can be assigned to 1 server.
Generally people use 1 ip for multiple domains which is called Name-based virtual hosting. This type of hosting is easier as there is no justification and no extra charges for ip's. (Most host charge a extra fee for each ip or batch of ip's)

2 - One master IP, and virtual IP's, I am told that Google, Alexa etc do not like virtual for site ranking, or give them good ranking.
There is a slight drawback with using virtual hosting, as well as using the same class c for your sites. But this really only affects your sites if you cross link them. (This would be if you had all 40 sites link back to each other.)

The best bet is get what you can afford now. There are plenty of other things you could work on that would give you a higher rating then your ip at the moment.

Last edited:
If you plan to maintain multiple sites, why not consider getting a dedicated and creating multiple VPS Nodes onto it for your own use?

If you plan to maintain multiple sites, why not consider getting a dedicated and creating multiple VPS Nodes onto it for your own use?

You would need a pretty hefty on RAM server to do that... I would say 4GB at a minimum

I think it would be better to get a decent dedi and just host them the traditional way.

Here is what I suggest: Get a decent semi-managed dedi with cPanel. Put all of the sites on a single shared IP and if they absolutely need a dedicated IP, then throw them on a dedicated IP.

There is no real reason for each site to have a dedicated IP just for SEO as there are many other methods that will give better results than a dedicated IP. It would also be against ARIN's IP justification policy if I recall correctly.

It doesn't sound like you need as hefty of a server as I proposed in my last offer. I would like to propose another config that will be fine for your needs for quite a while. If you ever outgrow it we can always upgrade you later.

{colsp=2}
Intel Pentium D 3.0GHz CPU |Pentium D 3.0GHz
RAM |2 GB
HardDrive |250 GB SATA
Bandwidth |2000 GB
IP's |5
cPanel |Yes
{colsp=2}
FREE Setup - $104.99/month

IPs are billed in blocks of 10, if you can submit a valid reason for justification we can provide you the extra IPs for $7.50 per block of 10.

If you have any questions, please email sales[at]servercomplete[dot]com as this is a custom offer.

Thank you for your time,
Daniel

Hi all,

First let me thank you for the help and education on this. It helps me to refine my questions (smile).

At this time we have 18 sites we are working on, and close to completion, we then will duplicate them in another language, at that time a total of 36.

1 - One setup from the start that will not need to be changed later when we go with SSL etc. Setup now for less headaches down the track.

2 - I would like them all to be viewed as stand alone sites on the internet and search engines and rank as such. Because our users and visitors will move between sites, I would like these to rank as visits to those sites. As cfhdef said, cross linked sites. At least I understand that much (smile).

Of the 18 sites, about half would rank as important, the other half run down a scale of importance at this time, but will rise as time goes on.

To quote SC-Daniel:
IPs are billed in blocks of 10, if you can submit a valid reason for justification we can provide you the extra IPs for $7.50 per block of 10.
Your setup comes with 5 IP's, as probably everyone else's, but do I have to justify the requirement for the other 5 of the block of ten.

If a block of ten is available, to allow independence and cross linking, I could go for that, and leave the others where they are for the time being.
The second language sites would go to their own server, as this set, when they are ready.

It seems to be that 40 on one server, independent of each other, cross linked etc is a major pain in the butt.

As for paying a bit more now, to my simple mind if it is set up to cover future expansion in the first place, to save any hassles in the future.

Sorry for all this.

Regards
Richard

Hi,
I think that once having dedicated IP for each site you may start with the cross linking. Then you may also get IPs from different C class to insure that google will not penalize your sites. It will no matter if they are on same server.

As for the IP blocks - you just need to give the name of the site for each IP and that's it. No further justification is required for having those IPs.

Having good server configuration now and reasonable business plan for the websites will give you more room for expansion of the websites and you will know how big is your growth, compared to the point where you started.

Good Luck!
Alexander

(for informational purposes only)
LOL, that means, not for requirements reasons...
also I must add - ARIN are pretty easy on giving IPs away. &
You only run by ARIN rules if your using a server based in the USA - Despite what people think there are 6 "ARIN like" places who give IP space to providers, the IP owners are infact some devision of ICANN or some----.
Just thought I would let you know that infact, ARIN requirements for IPS are very very low and you can get it easy, dont let any provider tell you otherwise.

Last edited:
You could accomplish everything in your last post on 1 server. You do not need more then 1 no matter how you set it up. I might add not every one will be able to give you 1 ip on 40 different class c's however.

Also not every one includes 5 ip's with there servers or hands them out in blocks of ten. Some do smaller blocks and some do more.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thank you for all of your help and information here here, and sorry for being a pain (smile).

It seems that what I require can be achieved, that is good to hear.

Best regards
Richard

Just to clarify...

The initial 5 IPs are free of charge. An additional block of ten is $7.50

It seems you were a bit confused with how I worded it. That would mean that for $7.50 more per month you would have a total of 15 IPs.

I just wanted to clarify since the way you stated it in a previous reply made it look like the 5 initial were included in the 10IP block.

Hi all,

Once again thank you for your help, understanding and time.

Daniel, Thank you for the clarification.

In the next couple of days we here will sort through this and I will contact you all.

Best Regards
Richard

Back