• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

please review my website... :)

laine

hi... please review my website... i made with my friends last year for ThinkQuest competition ...

http://library.thinkquest.org/C004204

Some pages don't work with netscape... i know why but i haven't fixed it yet. i'm thinking of changing the whole layout

So please give me some comments on the current one, thanks a million!

The page loaded very quickly! That's a + :D
I found the background a little "high-strung" on the intro page -- kinda hard to read the text/images against it sometimes, however this is my personal opinion.

Everything seemed to work fine over here: Netscape 4.7, 1024x768 resolution.

Just a suggestion: change the "exit" page to credits, people can "exit" your website by clicking on a bookmark or something, rather than going to that page to exit. Besides, "Credits" would describe that page better.

Good job! I enjoyed the site...fast, everything I went to worked, there were pictures AND text, not only pictures or only text...keep up the good work, laine!

thanks a million :)

although in netscape 4 there are some pages which you can't see the bottom tables... netscape is pretty sensitive to wrong html codes *Sigh*

Thanks again :)

our site got threex stars at Britannica.com ... i was pretty surprised !

about the background... yeah its a bit... strange and clashes with the green background.. maybe i should make a table with some white bg so the words won't clash :)

Yeah, Netscape is very sensitive to wrong HTML codes.. If it will work in netscape, it almost always should work in IE.

A suggestion about that weird background...if you're going to keep it, put all your text in a table, and make the background color of the table cell that green like you had on other pages so the wild background doesn't clash with the bright white of the table background.

:D

J

Thanks for the suggestion... i think i'm going to change it later on

Do you think the frame below is okay? or should i make the whole page into tables and remove all the frames? since i heard people saying tables are more pro than frames :D

I did not have any problems with the frames; they ran smoothly and correctly :)

And if you forget a tag for a table....I forget if IE doesn't have a problem with it or not, but Netscape will freak out and not display the table or cell almost all of the time.

I like it for some strange reason or other :D. One suggestion: loose the line bg on the enter page. Makes text a bit harder to read.

Back