• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

phpMyadmin Help

Host4Cheap

Hello Everone,

I was tring to restore a 50MB Database of my forums. But everytime i get an error "Timeout Error":eek2:

Can anyone help me on how to restore the Database :)

The script is timing out because your backup is too large to handle all at one time. The PHP script that backs up the database takes to long to execute and so it falls back on a safety valve, known as time-out.

Instead of backing up the entire database into one file, backup each table separately.

Also, threads are being moved into this forum lately that aren't very relevant to paid hosting...

Also i wanted to know i used to have Direct Admin on Old host and there was a backup feature in it.

When i clicked on it its used a make a backup file on the Server in the backup directory.

Is there any such feature on cPanel too because now it only lets me download the backup to my disk and not on the server.

It's called the "Home Directory Backup." That backs up your site onto the home directory, which would be on the server. However, I would not consider it wise to keep a backup only on the server. What if the server goes down, or your host cancels your accounts without yor warning? It is best to keep a backup in multiple locations.

Also, in my previous post, I meant to say "restore" and not "backup" and I was also assuming you were using phpMyAdmin to restore your database. If so, another option is to restore the database using cPanel's restore feature, found on the same page as the other backup options.

Easiest way is via the command line (if you don't have access, ask your host to do it):
Code:
mysql -u USER -p DBNAME < dump.sql

Do note that the database you are importing into must be empty.

A home directory backup can also be done through cPanel by going to "Backup" on the main cPanel page. Once there, it should be directly underneath "Full Backup" and above "MySQL Database Backup." It is possible that your host has disabled them, though, so you would not see it there. If that is the case, then download the backup to your computer and then upload it manually to your site through cPanel or FTP.

Back