• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

PHP 5.2.5 - Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

fnixws

Kicking your a$$
NLC
I Upgraded to PHP 5.2.5 when moving to another server, now any script that has to do with MySQL returns thsi message.

Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Seems to be a common problem, and i googled the hell out of it, folowed several sets of instructions to fix it, but no luck.

Anyone else get this problem?

Windows Server 2003
IIS, MySQL 5.0.45, PHP 5.2.5

I can just go back to my old system i guess, but i wanted PHP 5 and to use IIS for once insted of Apache.

You haven't compile PHP with mysql. Google the hell out of that, cause I'm not entirely sure how to.

Its windows, I dont have to compile anything. :p

As i said, i followed all instructions reguardung the editing of php.ini, the placing of the dlls and the switching on of PHP in IIS.

Unfortunatly i still get the same errors :(

Code:
[PHP_BZ2]
extension=php_bz2.dll
[PHP_CURL]
extension=php_curl.dll
[PHP_DBA]
extension=php_dba.dll
[PHP_DBASE]
extension=php_dbase.dll

I'm pretty sure that's wrong, by doing [THIS] you're creating a new section in the ini file, and php will look in the main
PHP:
 section for extension directives. That's probably why mysql isnt loading ... I get a 404 on info ...

So your saying i should try move the extention definitions to the main
PHP:
 section i think. Ill try move it.

EDIT: Nope, doesnt work, now all PHP just tells me that the service is unavalible.
Windows IIS doesnt seem to be worth the effort to set it up :S

Anyone know any good WAMP packages that use SQL and PHP 5+?

Last edited:
The whole point is im trying not to use Apache, so i assume you mean restart IIS.

Unfortuntaly it doesnt work either, infact now PHP wont even load at all and returns a 404.

Anyone know any good WAMP packages that use SQL and PHP 5+?

Windows IIS doesnt seem to be worth the effort to set it up :S

I'm pretty happy you've reached the correct conclusion here.

And another vote on xampp. I have xampplite (smaller & portable version of xampp) on my flash drive for windows machines, it's quite an incredible peace of software.

How do i use the windows domain controller with xampp? or does it have its own? What about email?

the problem im finding is most WAMPs only do 1/2 of what you need.

Back