• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Other] Making an IRC Client (Staff needed)

Mattikal

Hopefully it is not wrong to ask for people to work on this...

I had the idea of making an IRC client, something simple, but effective, whilst being visually pleasing and all-round comfortable for new and advanced users alike.

So far, there is about three of us, we are going to be modifying the source code of an IRC client called X-Chat (I think that's the name of the free one that you can get the source code for...lol), anyway, we are going to need people who are quite familiar with programming, such as C++ (that is probably what it is going to be written in), and also people who are familiar with IRC commands (user, channel owner, and even IRCOp commands etc.).

This is because there would be TWO versions - the second one would just for IRCOps/IRC Admins and the first for users/channel owners - eg. First would be Name and the other would be Name+ if you see what I mean.

If you are interested in participating in this project, then please reply to this post (note that it is voluntary as it would be freeware) - Hopefully this sort of topic is allowed, if not I apologise!

Back