• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

(no subject)

Neil McRae

I don't know where else to post this, but I have a suggestion for a new service.

How about a free service someday in the future that offers free .com, .net, .org, .uk, and .ca domains with no ads AT ALL. This domain should be free for life (you won't have to pay after one year, you won't even have to pay at all) and you should be allowed as many domains as you want. The only catch should be that you would have to accept a bunch of advertising via E-mail, kind of like the old DomainZero policy. But this time, the provider (free service) should be able to find out if you are deleting or not reading (opening) the E-mail advertisments (kind of like Brinkster) and if they find you're not accepting the advertising the domain gets deleted. BTW, this proivder should support URL redirecting.

What do you all think if there was a service like this? What are your opinions? My opinion, I'd go for it.

Last edited:
Nice idea Niel,

Although I believe people could easily cheat this method of advertising. This is the reason most of the pay-to-surf companies dissapeared. Yet there is always the chance it could work.

well, spamming users is probably going to be the only way to keep a future service like this online.

Re:

Yeah, I guess there's nothing else you can do to a provider in return for giving you free stuff. It's either a bunch of spam via E-mail or the ads (or even a trial like NameZero).

Back