• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Never Use Lime Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm. Lets see. How many people on this thread agree with veggie, and how many dont?
Veggie, your not that dumb (im sure), do the sums!

I have been using outdated software all the time, and there is no virus issues.

Limewire 4.9.3
k-meleon 9.0
Windows Messenger 4.7
Notepad ++
gTalk
AIM
AOL

e.t.c e.t.c

I am running 0.4GHZ with 192mb RAM on XP professional. I can load and i can use limewire when i want, but i generally do not use it because it is java based. And another thing, last time i checked, java apps are safe from virii

Summary: The Gnutella network is infested with fake files and viruses, clients such as LimeWire do not contain viruses (unless they've been modified by someone/downloaded from a contaminated source).

[/thread]

Can I just take this tiem to add that I'm also a long time LimeWire user with no problems? I can? Good.

I'm always running Ad-Aware and anti-virus all the time, and LimeWire has never given me any issues.

I know Imesh used to dole out the spyware like it was candy...I used that for about a day and that was te end of that. Limewire has been nothing but good to me.

Then again, I only use it for music, so that might have something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back