• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Netfirms Any good?

yui333

Hi

I found this special offer from Netfirms. Check it out here:

http://www.netfirms.com/max

Special offer for Maximum PC readers -
$10 for one full year of Netfirms Advantage Hosting!
2 FREE domain names
20GB of disk space
750GB data transfer per month
Host up to 3 websites with a single account!
Support for PHP, Perl, and MySQL
24-hour technical support

Now i know they are overselling massively but if someone like me wont use so much bw will they be ok? The most bw i will use is 50GB/mo

Would you recommend Netfirms? Can you please post your experiences with them here?
I have made a search on WHT and have found mixed reviews. So what do you think??

thanks

Well I can't really say nothing about the hosting part of it, but as far as domains go. They are the best around. I prefer them over everyone else.

Craig said:
You will find more reviews on: webhostingtalk[dot]com

Goodluck :)

I did search webhostingtalk and i find many mixed reviews bad and good

shall i go for it? bearing in mind that i wont be using so much bandwidth.

what do you think?

Their support communications lack at times and can get frustrating, but then again, I suppose that depends on the level of support you require. Anything to do with tier 1 support levels can be frustrating as they do seem to lack in that category. Of course on the other hand I find most support frustrating. :classic2: Not because of my lack of knowledge... I have been around this computer gig for 20+ years. 10+ on the net.

But if you are one that requires little or no support then you are set. I have been there for a year now. I experienced one short bit of downtime (couple of hours, I believe it was). True the are overselling... but the thing is, I have not noticed a difference in my page load times, ftp upload/downloads, nor email delays.

So I dunno... for 10 bucks!!! And hey, I wouldn't worry about the bandwidth or disk usage... what I did with the extra space/bandwidth was to host a couple of clients.

About the other, yes, I would certainly expect there to be a lot of controversy for just about any web host. I guess what I am saying in short... $10 for an entire year... what do you have to loose.

Hope it helps, on the whole I have been satisfied.
Randy

Edited: Oh and 10-4 on the domains Romeo18, I get all of mine through them too!

Last edited:
Back