• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

need cheap host with cgi access

Originally posted by safewilly
I am looking for a few inexpensive hosts with cgi access. Can anyone help me?

We offer custom packages and already made packages. We offer a 50mb package for 50/yearly and a 100mb package for 99/yearly. Both packages come with CGI access and the custom packages also. CGI can be ran from any directory.

[Happy Chicken? LOL]

If not, you can check out http://www.hostspot.com, they have a database full of web hosting companies.

[Edited by robert on 01-10-2001 at 06:07 AM]

Well those requirements are NOT going to be hard to find in a host. Just make sure you drop them an email and time their response...cheapest is not always the best...
I am quite sure you can find agreat host with reasonable fees for their packages.
Good Luck

Also, since he didn't specify he wanted offers from hosts, I'm not sure he was directing this question to hosts. If he wanted offers (or anyone for that matter), the best way is to email him (this means people requestiong offers should POST an email address or be sure messages can be sent from the forum).

sorry! I was just looking

I am just looking for a few webhosts that allow ftp programs and cgi-bin access. Email nmaizel@hotmail.com if you know any. Is that better for everyone? I thought this was a place for help so i asked. You do realize that I had to use an email account that I know will be spammed because bots run through these boards all the time. That is why I didn't give my address in the first place.

Although I emailed Safewilly, just so everyone knows, if you are hoping to get offers from hosts, the best thing you can do is to turn on the 'accept email' feature in your profile.

This will not get picked up by the bots and also the person sees a form, *not* your email address (test this with the email icon below my post).

to 'top' (and some others)

unless you post your url, you are not allowed to recommend a web host. So please fix this or your post will be deleted. We have these rules to prevent spam.

Originally posted by Peo

unless you post your url, you are not allowed to recommend a web host. So please fix this or your post will be deleted. We have these rules to prevent spam.

Sorry but I'm not going to post my url (why would I use a nick then?). All I can say I'm currently hosted at Virtualave but building a new site at Ghoulnet. What exactly will you gain in knowing my url???

Feel free to delete my post but if you would have deleted the same kind of msg that Technics posted a while ago I would have never found Ghoulnet. I thought my post would seem spam but it is just a recommendation. I have read the rules so I understand deleting. I'm not a host so I'm not going to bother opening my mail to 'spam' safewilly.

My opinion considering this rule is that it prevents other people than hosts recommending services. Only hosts have a need not to use nick.

[Edited by top on 01-10-2001 at 05:43 PM]

KDAWebServices

Originally posted by Technics
Ghoulnet are good ..... But KDAWebServices are much better :)

KDAWebServices - are their servers located in the US (NY)?

Originally posted by top
Originally posted by Peo

Sorry but I'm not going to post my url (why would I use a nick then?). All I can say I'm currently hosted at Virtualave but building a new site at Ghoulnet. What exactly will you gain in knowing my url???

[Edited by top on 01-10-2001 at 05:43 PM]

Peo has his rules.. a while back, people were posting and insulting web hosting companies w/o leaving their URL. And Peo didn't know if it was a actually person or another webhosting company trying to make another company look bad. But by leaving your URL, Peo can verify it.

to 'top',

and to others wondering why we have that rule: If we wouldn't have had that rule, it would be way too easy for web hosts to pretend to be 'a satisfied customer' of it's own service. That's the main reason why we need to know your url. The other reason was mentioned by Robert.

I trust that you are not affiliated with that host, but still everybody has to follow the same guidelines/rules.

Back