• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My turn for a pointless poll and thread

How do you spell "meow" and "okay"?

• Meow, Okay

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Meow, OK

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Miaow, Okay

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Miaow, OK

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Dusty

NLC
NLC
Let's have a thread about alternative spellings. Meow/miaow, okay/OK, which do you prefer?

And if you want, attach a sample of your handwriting. I don't think that's ever been done before.

I could do the handwriting via my Palm OS, but I don't know how to import it to the desktop software. I'll try later.

Anyway my vote is Meow, okay

Originally posted by Dusty

And if you want, attach a sample of your handwriting. I don't think that's ever been done before.
My handwriting is horrid; it's worse than my doctor's.

If only I had a scanner.

This is as best as I can manage not on real paper:

Attachments

• handwrite.gif
    handwrite.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 38
These appear to be the new trend. :p

How do you spell "meow" and "okay"?
That's a trick question. I'd spell them just like you did. :)

Can you see it? I wrote it on the monitor screen and hit the send key. ;)

Here's my "mousewriting*"

* Mousewriting is writing with a computer mouse:rolleyes:
If i had a scanner I'd upload my actual handwriting

Attachments

• mousewriting.jpg
    mousewriting.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
LeX- You should really make a fon7 ou7 of your wri7ing. I7s cool

no7e- 7th (7ee key on my keyboard is jammed)

This is off topic, but it's my thread and I can do what I want to!

Having remembered the old adage that a thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters given an infinite amount of time could write the complete works of Shakespeare, I wrote a little script that just spit out random letters until it made a specified word. I called it "monkey".

It took significantly longer than I expected.

It took 6,499,040 random letters before it spelled "Dusty". You'll be happy to know, Stu, your name only took 36,876. The Poster Formerly Known as Needcgispace... give it a few more days.

The point of all this... I don't know, but I found it entertaining. :D

Originally posted by Belgiumdude
lol,theire should be more of these pointles threats

Ok, this is no longer a pointless thread. It now has a point.. I just gave it one. I tried to write meow on my computer, but I kept messing up and now I cant get these stupid eraser marks off it. Oh well, at least it's not whiteout..

Attachments

• thisisthepointofthisthread.gif
    thisisthepointofthisthread.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 12
Here ya go.

It's called "monkey.txt" here because I don't think the forum allows .pl files to be uploaded, rename it once you download. There are instructions provided but it should be pretty self-explanatory. I was running it locally from DOS, if you're going to run it on a web server, you might want to get rid of the "system('cls');" line and add a content-type header.

Webdude: It would look better if you put a little dot there at the end of it. :D

Attachments

• monkey.txt
    495 bytes · Views: 8
Back