• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My Burstmedia hell

Dave|C

Well Burstmedia has cancelled by account with them becuase I broke their TOS. What I had was a meta refresh on my indexpage (7 minutes) to show up new news items.

They said I was defrauding them by trying to get additional hits- Of course I was not.

I had been with Burst for nearly a year and was giving them 50k of page views a day.

They have siezed all my revenue including the revenue from a very lucrative targetted campaign.

Question:

Did I get what I deserved for having a refresh or was I the victim of Burstmedias financial difficulties?

Thanks

Dave

It's your own fault. They state very clearly in the contract that you can't automatically refresh a page with a Burst banner on it. Period! The smart thing to do would have been to contact them and try to get them to make an exception based on your situation (which they probably wouldn't have done but at least you would have tried). Probably just best to let it go and move on. They're technically right and there's probably no chance of them changing their minds.

Yeah- I contacted them and they won't make an exception- time to move on.

Anyone suggest another advertiser that is suitable for 35-50k of views a day? Rejected by engage becuase I have a BBS

hmmm
that would give you around a million/month
try the big boys like doubleclick and flycast...
i think those'd be your best bet

Originally posted by Cheap Bastard
hmmm
that would give you around a million/month
try the big boys like doubleclick and flycast...
i think those'd be your best bet

Well no quite 1m we get around 750,000 banner impressions abrove the scroll a month (weekends our site is empty)

engage rejected me BtW

well 50,000/day that's 1,500,000/month, even if you take away the weekends it's still more than a mil but that's besides the point. If you seem a growing site, they'll take you anyway, as long as you come above a mil in like a year or two.

what about 27/4media... they allow refreshing (they're used with refreshing at cashwars.com anyways)

or... mircx is just a third party ad shower isn't it... well it's used by cjb.net

also, amazingmedia.com is what i use, it's great! If you have a lower clickthru they'll take off some impressions though (that's what i heard i've been over it every time) it's like .38 or so, at least i've been told.

You could try flycast, they only need 250,000/month to get in. (or has that changed too). If you get a nice clickthru you can try advertising.com...

and if all else fails... i'll have to think of something:D

I might be wrong but..

Didn't Flycast merge with/become Engage? He said that he was rejected by them.

Back