• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

most famous and reliable web host

Thx everybody for helps and especially thank you, Sye for your great help

I did this and signed up with Servage
Do they offer only one plan?
Don’t the offer custom plans?

And they offer 75GB Space and 1110GB Bandwidth for only 7.5$
Isn’t it overselling?

Its only classed as overselling if they dont deliver the goods. As long as you keep within then 75gb and 1110gb bandwidth then you will have no problems. Even if u do go over, u will not get charged extra like some companies, they will take your site down temporarily for the rest of the day, and inform you of your overuse, and ask to find out if you need more space etc or there is a script incorrectly programmed causing false bandwidth etc etc

They do only offer 1 plan, but i believe you can contact them for a personal one if you need more bandwidth etc.

If you want to test the speed that your site will load at, visit my website www.redshadows.eu which is hosted on their clustered servers

famous possibly - but I've heard more horrible reviews of their hosting than any other company on the web. Which is weird, because their domain support is apparently top-notch.

It's not a bad deal...but the thing is -- most of us could offer that as long as we put restrictions on it.

The fact that it only comes with 1 domain puts a large limit on the amount of usage that could POSSIBLY be used.

1&1 is definitely the most famous are reliable host, don't evne look for reviews because you will only find good ones, 100%.

Sye said:
Its only classed as overselling if they dont deliver the goods.

No, that is only your definition. The correct definition is that if you cannot provide all resources to all clients simultaneously, you are overselling. A very rough estimate off the top of my head is if you have 100 clients that you offer 75G disk space and 1TB per month traffic, can you handle all 100 clients using all the traffic and space combined? That comes to 7.5Tb of space and 3.3Tb of bandwidth per day.

If any host posting in these forums were to get a hit even half like that, they'd be shut down either by the datacenter they sit in, or because they cant handle the costs of it.

It's called overselling, no matter how much you refuse to admit it.

Why is overselling taboo in this industry alone? Why is it that when any other type of business does it, nobody even thinks once about it? Mind your own business practices! If you want to advertise that you don't oversell and are therefore a better choice, then go ahead, but stop slamming other legitimate businesses for practices that are standard, recommended, and proven efficient in general corporate management.

Webdude said:
No, that is only your definition. The correct definition is that if you cannot provide all resources to all clients simultaneously, you are overselling. A very rough estimate off the top of my head is if you have 100 clients that you offer 75G disk space and 1TB per month traffic, can you handle all 100 clients using all the traffic and space combined? That comes to 7.5Tb of space and 3.3Tb of bandwidth per day.

If any host posting in these forums were to get a hit even half like that, they'd be shut down either by the datacenter they sit in, or because they cant handle the costs of it.

It's called overselling, no matter how much you refuse to admit it.

Yes maybe i worded it wrong, what i should of said was it is overselling, but that doesnt make it wrong or bad. If they deliver the goods whats the harm?

I wasn't tryng to say i flat out refuse its overselling, my apologies

Back