• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

More Questions About InvisionBoard

Hobo

I have more questions about invisionboard.
How do I allow people to make their own custom titles at a certain level of posts?
If I change the host of my site would I have to reinstall invisionboard and change all the settings again?
Is it worth it?

This is best asked at Invisionboards own forums but here goes:

How do I allow people to make their own custom titles at a certain level of posts?

It can be done in the Admin Control Panel. Theres a line that allows you to allow users to have custom titles after _ posts. The _ is a textbox for you to fill in a number.

If I change the host of my site would I have to reinstall invisionboard and change all the settings again?

I'm not sure but I'm sure there is a way to backup your board.

Is it worth it?

Considering what it can do and the fact that it is free - yes.

if you move hosts - just backup the mysql database, config.php and any theme you had installed and then just re-upload the way ur forum was to the next host

By custom post I meant people get to choose their own title. So after a certain number of posts the person could have anything as their title like donkey manager or Explicit Lyricist. How would I go about doing that if possible?

It is not possible yet, but it is planned for the next release. Mods might tackle this, but in the meantime there is no way.

Back