• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MetaSearchAt! Redone

Originally posted by DeepList.com
I don't care for your design at all. I think it is poorly constructed, and all the affiliate ads all over the place (especially at the bottom) are just too much. I think the font you choose (Times New Roman) is terrible. If that really is a script, then I would be demanding a refund. :D

BTW - Are you really hosted at canadadream.net? :confused:

I would look at your own site before criticizing any other site. My eyes hurt now. And Like I stated earlier it is arial font, so I would get your computer checked. It's really hard to demand a rfund when it is free. I think you might need an education about the internet. Since you don't read previous posts. And I said constructive criticism was welcomed and you have not given one yet.

Oh by the way, yes I am hosted by them.:p

Umm no. Perhaps you need YOUR computer checked. The attached file is a screen shot of one of your links to show you that you are incorect. If you thing that is Arial, then maybe YOU need knowledge for the Internet and webmastering.

You wanted your site reviewed, then you got it. It looks crappy in 800x600 with a side scroll bar. :D

Attachments

• screen.bmp
    5.8 KB · Views: 10
Originally posted by Hobo
instead of using that white background use the same blue that you use in the header.....and damoose where did he say he paid 450 dollars for it?

i assumed that because at the bottom of the domain it says

Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.

and the gossamer threads inc charge $450 for that script.

ack oops, sorry, only $150, the advanced one is $450, my bad, lol, still a rip off

Originally posted by SearchAt!

I would look at your own site before criticizing any other site. My eyes hurt now. And Like I stated earlier it is arial font, so I would get your computer checked. It's really hard to demand a rfund when it is free. I think you might need an education about the internet. Since you don't read previous posts. And I said constructive criticism was welcomed and you have not given one yet.

Oh by the way, yes I am hosted by them.:p

how is it free? did you get a warez version or something or did you have an affair with the owner? im only joking, lol.

no really?

Like I stated earlier it is arial font, so I would get your computer checked.

So he tries to make me look like an idiot. :D Only some of his text is in Arial. However, the majority is not.

Times New Roman
Arial

The difference is easy to see. ---> http://metasearchat.com

Why don't you take some of your own medecine, SearchAt! Also I would sugest re-designing your site from scratch. :D

You asked for a review and he gave you one. No need to go flying off the handle because someone didn't like your site just ignore it if you think it's so worthless besides there is no point in bashing his site because he wasn't asking for ideas about it.....

Originally posted by Hobo

You asked for a review and he gave you one. No need to go flying off the handle because someone didn't like your site just ignore it if you think it's so worthless besides there is no point in bashing his site because he wasn't asking for ideas about it.....

Yes you are right. But I did ask for constructive criticism and not bashing of my own site without constructive input. And since he came at me all negative, well I had to take a look at his site to see if I could get any ideas. I couldn't do that since as soon as I looked at his site, my eyes started to hurt looking at the contrasting colors. And if he looked at previous posts, I am trying to make it easier to change the font in the directory but cannot since it is generated by the script itself. There was a template I could integrate into the script but It is no longer availiable.

I just want to make it clear to the rest of the readers, I am asking for constructive criticism ( your ideas that would make my site more functional, look better, and add stickness to my site) not bashing my site( your site looks crappy, start all over because I don't like it). One thing that I will be trying is .css to try and chage the font everywhere, and maybe that will take care of the problem. For those of you who lets me know of what particular change to make, thank you. For those of you who want to make general bashing remarks, save your fingers, you are only wasting your time.:)

Ok, I am changing my site slightly different. Please check out http://metasearchat.com and http://metasearchat.com/Coalinga/ and tell me which design you think is better. or tell me what I can do to improve on either template.;)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Damoose

how is it free? did you get a warez version or something or did you have an affair with the owner? im only joking, lol.

no really?

When the maker of this script made it public a few years ago, he let the users make a choice, buy it and you can remove the link to his site or keep the link for free advertising. Well a deal is a deal and I kept his link to his site. It's a pretty good script for template based database web sites. And I occasionally go to his web site for updates and addons. None of the scripts I use are warez, I got them from the owners. So now everyone can stop assuming I paid for this script or any other script on my website.

Back