• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Mailserver did not change from mydomain to zoneedit

Albert

I changed my dns-hosting from mydomain to zoneedit.With a test domain everything (incl. email) worked fine within 24hrs. With a 2nd domain, nslookup confirms the change of my webspace from mydomain to zoneedit, but if I look at the mailheader, I can see that the mail still is routed via mydomain.

One difference was, that I deleted my testdomain *first* at mydomain and then changed the dns at the registrar and at least activated the zone at zoneedit, while with the other domain I did not delete the domain at mydomain, but of course changed the dns at the registrar.

Could it be, that the local isp uses cached data, which are not been updated till now?

As long as my domain was registered at mydomain too, mails were received via mydomain, although http was routed via zoneedit. After I cancelled the domain at mydomain the 1st mail took more than 24hrs to arrive via zoneedit and now I get my mails within a minute.

Why would you want to switch to ZoneEdit from MyDomain?

I've used both, and MyDomain seemed to be more reliable.

ZoneEdit seemed to have a lot more down time, ie: Times I counldn't access my web pages.

Just a thought... :)

Originally posted by leeuniverse
Why would you want to switch to ZoneEdit from MyDomain?

I've used both, and MyDomain seemed to be more reliable.

ZoneEdit seemed to have a lot more down time, ie: Times I counldn't access my web pages.

Good question. At the moment I use both services. Mydomain was down very often during the last weeks. I do my checks with netwhistle and wait what is going on. Mydomain seems to work fine again but I had problems to login at mydomain too.

I never checked if there is a transfer limit with mydomain, but I believe 5x200MB with zoneedit would be enough for me. But you also have to include mails and that is a big question mark.

Am I right, that I can make "unlimited" redirects with zoneedit while with mydomain it is limited with 5 email-adresses?

At the other hand, you can use subdomains for email-adresses with mydomain (but this never worked for me) and mydomain offers a redirection to your main-site when a path is not found.

So I decided to have my "mail-domain" at mydomain and my "webspace-domain" with zoneedit

Heck, I don't remember...

Your right though, when I left mydomain It seemed like they were having more down time.

If I were you, do like I did and say "enough is enough"!

Like I mentioned in another response, try worldzonepro.net.
Nothing compares... :)

Originally posted by leeuniverse
try worldzonepro.net.
Nothing compares... :)

Well, I have been there and it looks quite interesting. For a 1st step I made a testpage with their free service and check now their downtimes. Unfortunately they don't have ftp with their free service. I like their kind of adding banners at the bottom, that would be ok for me.

I am not sure if you have to pay for and per subdomains extra and if you can define them yourself. At the moment I use a lot of subdomains, so I don't have to change urls with catalogs. Also I am not sure, if you have to pay extra for more than 1 email-redirection.

Back