• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a Dedicated Server

phpbb-host

Hello,

My friend and I run a free phpBB hosting website (www.phpbb-host.org) and we need to find a new host. It's not because we use too much bandwidth or disk space, it's because we use too many resources on a shared server. We really need a dedicated server, but can't afford one at full price. Is there a way that someone could donate a dedicated server to us or give us a severely discounted price on one?

Thanks for your time.

And what will the server providers get in return? How much do you pay for your current host?

Last edited:
Right now we are paying $8/month. Also, whoever hosts us will get ads on all of the free forums that we provide to people.

It was (and currently still is) http://www.webspaceuk.com/.

It's just that the site is very, very, very slow (like it would sometimes take 1-2 minutes to load a page) and the reason is that we have one main forum and are hosting a ton of forums also. We (the staff members) just feel that we need a dedicated server in order to maintain the website with a good speed.

Originally posted by HostCentris
Maybe you should take one of our Shared Plans? Our websites are super fast.

Yeah right :rolleyes:

Speed depends on his ISP. If his ISP has a bad routing to your provider then is slow as hell.

Ever since we started being a webhost, our hosted sites were never slow. And don't be disrespecting my host, I NEVER DISRESPECTED YOUR HOST, NOW, HAVEN'T I????? :p

How about how many members and visits, possibly even say disk and transfer requirements.

All the usuall important bits :ditsy2:

Noticed - you seem to be UK based and running quite a few ad's - your spending won't cover what your looking for.

Last edited:
We can help you out!

We can offer you and your friend a server at half price for a month. With full root access you will be in control of your own server, goto the link at http://www.oneyouhosting.com and pick the kind of server you want and we will reduce the price for one month.

I don't think you are going to get any where near the $8 you are paying now if you are switching to a dedicated server.

Back