• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

LOL!!! Read this....

Hobbes

This was from dailynews.yahoo.com, "Local", "Portland" section.... What are people thinking? ;)

---------

Local News - updated 8:00 PM ET Dec 10
Add to My Yahoo!

Channel 6000

Thursday December 07 09:02 PM EST
Is Parking Meter Fairy A Criminal?
Plugging Other People's Meters Illegal

A man wearing a pink tutu and fairy wings was spotted feeding coins into parking meters in downtown Portland
Thursday, but city officials say that it's illegal.

Portland parking Inspector 61told KOIN 6 News that the city wants turnover and
new customers for merchants, and that won't happen when the parking fairy or
anybody else feeds a meter beyond its posted time limit.

Motorists will get an overtime parking ticket if inspectors decide that you have
been visited by the parking fairy.

Driving away from a metered space to another is also illegal, unless it's more than
500 feet away.

When I grow up (in the next 3 years) I'll have to come visit you..just for that.. lol (j/k) :)

Originally posted by Hobbes
Portland parking Inspector 61told KOIN 6 News that the city wants turnover and new customers for merchants, and that won't happen when the parking fairy or anybody else feeds a meter beyond its posted time limit.

In other words, we had to come up with a really stupid reason as to justify giving people tickets. I really don't see what this has to do with 'turnover'. People get back to their cars when they are done shopping.

Why do they care if the "meter fairy" goes along with his/her business, they're still getting paid, albeit no where close what they would be getting writing someone a ticket.

In our city, people are complaining about photo radar catching speeders everywhere. They are calling this a "cash cow" for the police. I guess the people in Britain need a cash cow too. }:8)Supermoo, you may want to apply for that job ;)

I think he meant that against the police, not black people, you know all the incidents in new york and stuff, I think thats where he got the remark.

Back