• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Image hosting service... What will i need ? Pls advice

thedarkknight

Hi everyone,
You might remember my thread about my fast growing community...(i got a vps from galazy solutions for it) Well now i have decided to start an image hosting service for that community. My traffic will be 1000 + uniques everday with atleast 8000 pageviews {will increase in leaps in a few months}

Now what configuration do you think i will need to effectively run such a system ? Also mention the price

Also i am looking for some configuration that will allow me to expand seamlessly in case i get too big for the current configuration.

i think you need a very FAST dedicated server with BIG HD, try big hosting companies

eg.
liquidweb
medialayer <-- i know for a fact that they are extremely good

i am also sure there are heaps of other good hostings around too :)

good luck

At the very least, a VPS. But the other guys are right - if you can, go with a dedicated right from the start! Image hosting services tend to be very resource-intensive!

kix, it may be wise to base a choice of host on more than one review.

thedarkknight, I am not sure - you might want to check with them and see. Many hosts do limit this.

Back