• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ICQ -> mfc42.dll problems

Carole

Can anyone tell me why my ICQ decided to stop working all of the sudden?! As far as I know, no one deleted any .dll files etc. and yet, everytime I try to connect ICQ, I receive an 'illegal opperation' with MFC42.dll the problem. Has anyone had this problem before, and if so, how do you fix it? I've made sure the .dll is in the SYSTEMS folder, and I've even d/l and replaced the .dll with a new one... still no luck

I've tried re-installing it... numerous times; when it first happened, and each time I tried something new to fix the problem: I un-installed ICQ, tried my solution, rebooted, re-installed ICQ, rebooted again, and ICQ still doesn't work...

Kinda unlucky you have the latest ICQ installed... I've had that problem before in ICQ99a, I couldnt even run ICQ because when I run it, it will illegal operate. I was sorta despair and was gonna give up using ICQ since I tried every solution including reinstall, etc. Then ICQ99b came out and it fixed my problem!

BUT... don't worry.. ALWAYS try the Icq Database Converter fix thingy. I vaguely remember (not completely sure) having the same problem with either my ICQ99b or ICQ2000a, then it got fixed when I used the DB Converter to do a database fix.

LOL, I tried that too... I never did find out what was wrong with it, seeing how it worked for like a month and then stopped (as far as I know, there was no software changes on my computer...)
I finally decided to clean-install Windows and everything else (hey, it's 2 y/o, I figured it wouldn't hurt to clean it out ;)) My ICQ is working again, hopefully this won't happen again.

Back