• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I need all of this...

Why not help yourself instead and PAY FOR HOSTING? It's NOT going to happen otherwise.

It's obvious you're drunk and a mule.

That what comes closest to what you ask is http://www.spaceports.com They offer unlimited webspace (you start with 20 but can always get more), and 40 gigs bandwidth. Altho they have banners on their pages, you actually get a part of the revenue that is made from the banner (up to 10c/click).

no spaceports doesn't host domains they give them to u cuz steve is also the owner of redirections.net...cjb.net...and also tera-byte.com

that's 4 companies in total...and i read somewhere in the spaceports forum that it takes steve 80, 000 dollars to run spaceports a month...and he ONLY get 40, 000 from the ads...and it's still up
damn he must be rich

Originally posted by drunkmule
I need:

Unlimited Space
" Bandwidth
No Ads
CGI
SSI
DOMAIN HOSTING
Must be able to use own ads

Please help me.

Why do you need unlimited space and bandwidth? Do you even know what bandwidth is? My theory is that these people don't even know what bandwidth is but they think it's good so they ask for it.

Yes I know what bandwidth is. Why would I ask for it if I didn't know what it is? I'm researching free providers, beleive it or not. I'm seeing if the companies can actually give what they say. I'm starting a new fwp soon.

[Edited by Peo on 11-10-2000 at 09:22 PM]

Well one tip dont ever offer unlimited anything becuase it is simply impossible. Unlimited,Unmetered etc etc are words that lame companys use to attratc business and when they find they cant provide it pop there gone.

Tellme this isn't for the FWP you want to start? Tell me...

-and that language you used is unacceptable. When you ask for unrealistic things, and are told you can't have them, you must act more respectfully.

I hate it when I see people reply to post and flame people for asking for a link to a site. If you don't know a site with what he is asking for simply don't reply or reply and give a link to something close.

Most of the sites who say they offer unlimited bandwidth or unlimited space will indeed give you all that you need. I doubt that anyone will ever recieve an e-mail from crosswinds saying your using too much space.

I don't know of any sites that have what you are asking for but I just wanted to reply to say what I said above.

Is it wrong to research fwp companies to see what their weaknesses are so you can make your better? Is that really wrong.

I've thought of almost everything. I've realized that there are going to be people who do illegal things using my server. I've realized that there are going to be small persinal websites that barely use 5mb's. I've realized that some one might want to use domains, Cgi, SSI, and many other types of features. Some I will be able to provide at the start some I wont. That is the way its going to be.

Originally posted by Omari
Most of the sites who say they offer unlimited bandwidth or unlimited space will indeed give you all that you need. I doubt that anyone will ever recieve an e-mail from crosswinds saying your using too much space.

You don't know of any because it doesn't exist and that is merely the point everyone is trying to convey. In this thread drunkmule asks for this:

I need:

Unlimited Space
" Bandwidth
No Ads
CGI
SSI
DOMAIN HOSTING
Must be able to use own ads

Please help me.

In another thread he asks what he thinks of the FWP he wants to start which offers this:

I'm planing on starting a small FWP. These are the features:

250mb's of Space
Unlimited Bandwidth
Browser uploads(ftp later on)
Pre-installed Formmail
Stats
Fast connections
CGI
SSI

You don't see a connection there? This is a discussion board and people must be willing to accept that members are not here to blow sunshine up their donkey. I'll support any plan that someone has that is at least partially thought out, but...

*no sunshine blown here...*

I have been looking at several servers and companies, and connection vary. Usually each package that I've been interested in have all lacked what the other ones didn't.

Give me a price range, and the ones you've looked at. Ohhh, and you might want to consider paid hosting. Even with people paying $20/mo it takes a bit to turn a profit. I know, this si the freespace board, but just something to think about.

I have looked into paid hosting. It will get rid of all the banners on your site and include features such as pop3 mail, mailinglists, etc.

Aaron yes, that's paid hosting. You are trying to do something. I'm not quite sure what yet, but I know it is *something*. If you give me an idea, then I will try to help you achieve your goals.

If you just want to pay nothing and attempt to open a FWP then that tells me everything I need to know. If you want to get a paid hosting account and host domains off it, I can help you. If you want to get a small virtual server (true virtual server), then I can suggest something. This runs under $100/mo. If you want to step into the world of fully dedicated (your own box) then I'll send you another route.

If you just want to put customers onto an existing FWP, then there isn't much to discuss.

Back