• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I Need A Host!

*shrugs* Maybe he has this great script he wants to run that's only available in ASP?

Originally posted by LeX
*shrugs* Maybe he has this great script he wants to run that's only available in ASP?
Are you serious? Everything he's ever written/implemented was in Perl. :confused2

Originally posted by LeX
What I meant was that he has gotten an ASP script, not one that he has made. :rolleyes:
IMPLEMENTED:

American Heritage:

im·ple·ment (¹m“pl…-m…nt) n. 1. A tool or an instrument used in doing work: a gardening implement. See Synonyms at tool. 2. An article used to outfit or equip. 3. A means of achieving an end; an instrument or agent. --im·ple·ment tr.v. im·ple·ment·ed, im·ple·ment·ing, im·ple·ments (-mµnt”). 1. To put into practical effect; carry out: implement the new procedures. See Synonyms at enforce. 2. To supply with implements.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
I strongly advise against using addr. Let me look for host reviews.
Seems yupapa has found a host to suit already, but I would like to defend addr.com :angry2:

I have heard a couple of rumours circulating, but that does not detract from my own experiences with them.

1. They were extremely helpful to me way back in March when I started using them.

2. I have had no need to ask for any tech support since April, because everything has been running VERY smoothly since then.

3. I have NEVER known any downtime with my sites since I started with them.

You can dig up any reviews you like but that won't change my own personal opinions of a host that is working for me, and come March, I will sign up for another year, unless of course there is the unlikely chance that I start having problems with them.

IMHO 8 months without needing tech support is indeed a great track record.

Well, you've successfully defended addr except for one item: their prices are average. You can get better deals.

Originally posted by YUPAPA
HOSTLEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!

But they don't provide SMTP, how do I send out email?
No sendmail program (/usr/sbin/sendmail) please!!!

Amazing YUPAPA, you failed to read the FIRST url. Cobaltconnect runs on rackshack's servers, which have Chilisoft ASP installed by default.

I need ASP because my friend is learning ASP and he wants to use it!
I need cron because I need to save a backup copies of all my sales(of my softwares) every 5 days!!

Just because it ISN'T SHOWN THERE doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just ask them, after all they are using a modified version of RedHat. :rolleyes:

Why the anonymous FTP? Can't you just use your own server? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
Well, you've successfully defended addr except for one item: their prices are average. You can get better deals.

I am sure I can, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)

Originally posted by Jan

I am sure I can, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)
That makes no sense, at least to me. I was talking about getting a better deal for the buck. I'm not talking about whether it works or not. Why pay for 100 MB when you can be getting 250 MB? :p

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
Why pay for 100 MB when you can be getting 250 MB? :p

I don't need more than 100Mbs, I could probably go for the lower rate with 50Mb storage, but I need the traffic size, especially at this time of year.

Back