• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how much it would cost to start a company like cj.com?

b

you need a software and a server and afew employee. it should not take that much. where can i find a software for such a big project? anyone knows?

what keywords should i search for?
these guys always make it look like it's very expensive because they do not want competition.
again it depends on what you want and kind of software you are using. you can always start with cheap software

It wouldn't cost all that much... I could code everything if I had the time/desire to do so... You'd need a dedicated server if you want to be at all legit, and you'd probably want an admin who knows how to secure the server and keep it up... The hardest part would be marketing to advertisers...

Of course if you grow as large as cj it gets a lot more complicated, but sure you could start out cheap.

woofcat:
how good a programer are you?
would you like to partner with me to start this thing.
you develop the software and i'll take care of the rest.
server , domain name, marketing costs is on me.
and we split the profits. i have an exact idea of what i want to do but i can not promise you it would work but if it does not the software is yours and you can sell it so you are not going to lose anything

Originally posted by b
woofcat:
how good a programer are you?
would you like to partner with me to start this thing.
you develop the software and i'll take care of the rest.
server , domain name, marketing costs is on me.
and we split the profits. i have an exact idea of what i want to do but i can not promise you it would work but if it does not the software is yours and you can sell it so you are not going to lose anything

Sounds interesting... I was considering starting an ad company of my own at one point, but I didn't have the time to deal with the marketing aspect... And then advertising rates really started to fall and I decided against it...

E-mail me with some of your ideas and if it sounds like you know what you're doing maybe we can work something out...

Did you ever find that post over there. Because I'm telling you it takes alot more than a lazy programmer and a few bucks.

no i did not. i have not contacted woofcat either.
i did find a couple of software so far one for $3,000
and i'm still waiting for the price and demo on the other.
another programer told me he would do it for $2000 and it would take him 1 month to do it and he already developed an
affiliate program for your own store not like cj.com
i'm just going to take my time to decide wich way i'll be taking. reliable sofwtare is the most important step.

woofcat:
thanks for your help but i decided to go a diffrent way.
you never answered my question on how good a progarmer are you? what software have u developed?
good luck!

I think I speak from everyone here when I wish you the best of luck b on your future ambitions, don't forget to drop in and say 'hi' every now and again! :)

hmm... $2000, 1 month !!! that would be a no-no

I believe woofcat is capable of developing your site if you give him something for compensation rather than a bleak impression of what is ahead. Give him something even if the project failed. That way he would be motivated. Logical isn't it?

Woofcat knows the WHOLE PHP manual man! Knowing it by heart could be very helpful in developing server side apps.

I suggest you take woofcat. Take my word for his "goodness". hehehe.... look at the CGI/PHP/ASP boards and look how many people he had helped in coding.

Nil Desperandum

Back