• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how much for dedicated...

BillWill

I'm looking into getting dedicated server package. I figure I'll need at least a linux/unix 500Mhz P3 server w/128MB's of RAM and 150GB's+ bandwidth (with more at a reasonable price, like under $1.75 GB ).

So, I'm hoping a few of you great people could toss around some links and prices. ;-)

Thanks

Most dedicated plans don't come with 150 Gb's of transfer included and rarely at $1.75/gig over. The URL I was going to list seems down at the moment (always a good sign, eh?)... so I'll keep it to myself until it is up agin (if ever).

What is your price range?

no way you're gonna find that cheap of bandwidth... you'll be lucky to find 2+ unless you get your own dedicated line.

similar system at say rackspace.com
redhat 6.2
128mb ram
650mhz p3
20gig hd
150gig/mo bandwidth

625.80/mo + 250 setup

Why is bandwidth so damn expensive now? Geez. Maybe I'll just store all my linked graphics on a free server. Heh. =()

If I could find extra bandwidth in the $3/GB range, I'd be getting a deal? Wow.

If you are moving 150 GB a month you may want to get a more powerful server as well. If you don't need the extra power you will need to contact the dedicated server provider and see if they can make a custom plan for you. If you can get that for under $500-$600 a month I would be very surprised.

Let us know what you find. :)

Back