• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How many like the old valuablehost.com better?

Would you rather be on the old server and never have to move?

• Yes, I rather be at the old server, everything was fine then

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I am glad they moved so that I can experience the new Plesk, even if my site is down for 2 weeks

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I wish they never moved period, even though I had some minor complication at the old server

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wish that I had never signed up with valuablehost!

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Valuablehost
I have clients that i have went way out for them, installing scripts and even helping them design there pages. As soon as this move started, i got insults in the thousands..
It's always like that... hardly anybody notices how good you are when you're running smoothly, and almost everybody notices the slightest errors and/or mistakes.

Then again, these people paid money for hosting, they should get what they paid for, so we can't really blame your clients for being unsatisfied.

I definety agree with you, i am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused them. Just making the point that getting good reviews again will be definetly hard, close to impossible even.

Regards,
HostEXP

(mod note: removed quote of above post)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by LeX
It's always like that... hardly anybody notices how good you are when you're running smoothly, and almost everybody notices the slightest errors and/or mistakes.

This is a false statement. Why??? Well, if you have noticed, many people recommend Valuablehost when it was running smoothly. So people do indeed notice good things in a webhost. If you go back to the old threads at this forum, at webhostingtalk, and at VH's own forum, you will see the many compliments about VH before the server change. So, people do indeed notice "when you're running smoothly."

Yes, the amazing thing is the people who reccomended VH were just clients who had normal support requests answered etc.. But the ones who i went out of the way to help simply slammed me. I think Lex was refering to that.

Thanks,
HostEXP

(mod note: removed quote of above post)

Last edited by a moderator:
HostExp,

I don't know what kind of difficult request did people ask. I also have asked you one request and up until now it still has not been done. That is why my site with you is still down since Sept 15 and it is still useless, and I even paid for the V-5 plan. The only thing that I request from you is to install the image::size perl module. It has been the only request that I ask since I signed up with you a long time ago. We had the same delay about this module (about 1 week) in the old server and now the same thing happened to me at this new server. From the directions of the installation of the image::size perl module, it does not seem that hard and does not take much time. But because of this, my site is still useless since Sept. 15. That is close to 3 weeks now. All I need is that image::size perl module. That is all. Nothing else. No need for the fancy Plesk. I just need that module.

I also have tried to help you out by sending you the attachment of the module (with installation instructions). I have done everything that I could to speed things up.

Last edited:
In defence of ValuableHosts

Okay, the last couple of weeks have been pretty lousey and it certainly hasn't been a smooth transition.

That said, the three sites that I have that are hosted by VH are all now on the new server and, apart from last night's hack attack, have been running smoothly - and at a decent speed.

It was unfortunate that it took a few emails to finally get the IP for the V5 plan (and initially it was only set up with 10MB of space!), but to the credit of the Support staff, it was corrected within five minutes.

I'm quite happy - and I'll stick with them!

Andrew Wood

i hate ensim. it can't do anything.
plesk is slow though, but i can change a lot of settings to my account.

and yeah im having problems with cgi; i need to reupload files 3x+ to get it to work. im not sure if it's valuablehost or my ftp software fault.

i'd like to give valuablehost a second chance. i think gave them more than that already. :)

ValuableHost... one of your comments worries me...

You said...

I am not here to make a profit from hosting, i am making none at all anyway. I just want to provide a good service to my clients,

Do you intend to start making a profit in the future? If not, why exactly have you become a webhost?

I hate moving from host to host, and I hope ValuableHost is around for a few years, at least, so I don't need to change at all. But when you say you are not here to make a profit from it... it kinda worries me...

Dear Toefur,

I am planning on increasing the client base mainly, yes i plan on making proft but not yet. Don't worry i am heavily financed.

Regards,
HostEXP

Originally posted by Toefur
ValuableHost... one of your comments worries me...

You said...

I am not here to make a profit from hosting, i am making none at all anyway. I just want to provide a good service to my clients,

Do you intend to start making a profit in the future? If not, why exactly have you become a webhost?

I hate moving from host to host, and I hope ValuableHost is around for a few years, at least, so I don't need to change at all. But when you say you are not here to make a profit from it... it kinda worries me...

Curiousity your perl module has been installed, sorry for the delay cpan.org was down for a while.

Regards,
HostEXP

Last edited:
Thanks for finally putting the module in.

Now the next thing is for the speed & uptime to improve. As of this writing, I could not upload any files because the FTP is down and my website is still really slow, and I do mean really slow.....slower than f2s.com even.

Remember the thread that you have at your board about "comparing your site's speed with other top sites?" Well, I hope that I can again one day say that it is fast and reliable. Boy those were the good old days (meaning about 1 month ago).

Someone is up to no good on the server, this has nothing to do with the network. We have our techs investigating this further. Everything will be up and running shortly.

Kindest Regards,
HostEXP

Back