• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Here's what I need:

sHaWn

I need this:
20+ MB of space
the so called "unlimited" bandwidth, around 3GB
CGI, PHP
Domain support
Ads are ok, only if it's just the banner with no "extras" around it.

And to Ron and Peo I already used the Advanced/Power Search... ;)

I did use it, I just didn't like the companies listed. I said I wanted a banner with no "extras"

I was hoping other people here would know another host not listed here.

I think hypermart nor virtualave offers php.

Check out http://www.worldzone.com, I think they offer what you are looking for. (correct me if I'm wrong webdude :))

http://www.spaceports.com comes close altho they don't really offer the domain support, but maybe if you contact them, they will (since their members can earn a free domain, I would say they are technically capable of doing so).

[Edited by jvv on 11-11-2000 at 10:52 AM]

thanks.
... it's WorldZone.NET not.com
Worldzone has that 10 dollar setup fee. What does it take to setup a domain? Most sites offer domain setup for free, so it shouldn't be THAT straineous that you gotta pay the host. Most often than not it's done automatically...

I have asked Steve from spaceports.com for domain hosting, the only thing he did was send me to his paid host at terra-byte.com (something like that)

My bad. I did not see the PHP request. I heard some people say that WorldZone is having some speed problems.. Maybe Webdude can fill me in here.

And you might want to do your power search again with JUST CGI because sometimes hosts offer php and it's just not in the DB that they do.

Originally posted by sHaWn
Worldzone has that 10 dollar setup fee. What does it take to setup a domain? Most sites offer domain setup for free, so it shouldn't be THAT straineous that you gotta pay the host. Most often than not it's done automatically...

First, can we not complain so much when we are getting free services? While it isn't free, $10 isn't really asking that much is it? More often than not, setting up a domain on a server is not automatic via a sign up form.

Someone has to do it, it takes time (although not a whole lot of time), and $10 is certainly reasonable.

[Edited by Chicken on 11-11-2000 at 03:23 PM]

Originally posted by Chicken
Originally posted by sHaWn

First, can we not complain so much when we are getting free services? While it isn't free, $10 isn't really asking that much is it? More often than not, setting up a domain on a server is not automatic via a sign up form.

Someone has to do it, it takes time (although not a whole lot of time), and $10 is certainly reasonable.

[Edited by Chicken on 11-11-2000 at 03:23 PM]

when people see somthing for free they expect it to be free... alot of people want free because they can't pay for it if it cost money. i for one don't have a credit card, a checking account, or even a job because i am only 15. a setup fee can not be paid if you are looking for somthing that is free.

Indeed gcites. It's not that they can't, they just won't. It just shows that they aren't serious about it cos if you just want some space for a personal homepage, you don't really care what the features are that you get.

When you're serious about the net, you get a payhost, and don't come tell me you can't afford 10$ cos your internet connection probably costs you more than that every month, and you're using a 1500$ computer...

Originally posted by Omari
when people see somthing for free they expect it to be free... alot of people want free because they can't pay for it if it cost money. i for one don't have a credit card, a checking account, or even a job because i am only 15. a setup fee can not be paid if you are looking for somthing that is free.

I agree and I never said it was free. My response was to shawn's complaint of the fee for setting up the domain. Worldzone is not a free host. But if you don't want to pay the $10, simply go somewhere else.

I have went elsewhere. I'm looking into paid hosting. Finally I see the light!

Thanks guys for all the advice.

Originally posted by Gcites
LOL omari. Comon whats $10.

It's not so much, having the money. But how to get the money to the host when you have no credit card, checking account etc. much like I was last year. Yes you can ask your mom to pay and then give her the money, but.. ah thats a whole other story.

Anyway, I have a credit card now and its no different finding a paid host than it was trying to find the right free host.

Originally posted by jvv
Good, now we can welcome you to the nightmare of finding a reliable and affordable payhost :)

HAHAHA! Yes, that's very true. There are paid hosts that are close to, or just as bad, or worse than the free ones. But I'd say in general, you'll be ok. Ask for recomendations. Everyone who is currently with a paid host is there for a reason, and one of their reasons might match your reason (whatever it may be).

An important point to remember is that no one host is right for everybody. If you base your search on your needs you'll have more luck in matching up with the right paid host.

If you know people who actually use it and are satisfied with it, then by all means, go for it.

But there is something fishy about that site... maybe their frequent use of the word 'unlimited'. Then if you read their bandwidth policy they first say

Another fact of life: With Featureprice Webhosting, you don't have to pay for extra bandwidth consumption.

Then a little further down, you read:

However, there are times when websites go over that due to increase in popularity or advertising, and can reach over 30 gigabytes of bandwidth consumption per month, which costs at an average of $5 per gigabyte. This means that in such cases, Featureprice Webhosting might either charge for the extra bandwidth, or can reach a deal with the owners of the website (more on that below).

Altho this is indeed more than any normal site will use, they still shouldn't advertise it as unlimited.

Also they think to be very great offering unlimited email addresses, but let's face it... how many do you actually use unless you start a free email service ?

But again, this is just picking on the service, if you have family/friends using them, they'll be a better judge than I am :)

Much like Burlee's unlimited plan, if you read their terms (which you always should on any host) it says you are only allowed 15MB for pictures, media etc. and 'unlimited' for HTML pages.

Whoa...wait a minute here.....

I never did charge the $10 to setup a domain on Worldzone.net, so it is free since I found a way to do it mostly automatic. Of course, Worldzone.net isnt true domain hosting but rather Domain Cloaking.

WorldzonePro.net is true domain hosting and has a one time setup fee of $25. Ok, so thats actually an introductory price and will be $35 later...but for a while it's $10 less. It also offers tons more than Worldzone.net does also. And yeah, it's been slow at times lately. Still working out bugs on the new system....but I think its all pretty much covered.

Back