• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Heisoft? Wow?

km

Does anyone try http://uk.haisoft.net before?

Their plan was:-
- $14 p.a.
- 200 Mb Web space
- Unlimited POP boxes
- Unlimited hits
- Unlimited FTP access
- Unlimited email aliases
- Use of Scripts, PERL, ASP, SSI

There are no much detail on their page~ :/
Is it realible? Any catch?!

Web site looks poor at best, targeting the French I suppose. Few details about anything, no TOS, contact info is an email address, and the 'Conception' link is this:

file:///C:/My%20Documents/Internet/uk.haisoft.net/htdocs/Conception.html

Nice. You're kidding right?

Bad news: I don't know much about ultra-cheap hosting.
Good news: Even if it really stinks you are only out a few bucks :)

Can you post your desired amounts of space/transfer and range of what you are wanting to spend per month?

I see what you mean about a poor site Chicken. To be honest whenever I looked for hosting in the past I never considered anything to cheap because you just know that the margins they are on can't cover support etc. or even bandwidth if everyone wanted to use at least 50% of their alotment.

Dogcomputers works our more expensive than tohers if you want what are standard features from most companies FP extensions: £25 per year, SSL: £50 per year, Control Panel: £9 per year, Password protected directories: £15 per year. It all adds up in the end.

[Edited by Karl on 12-20-2000 at 12:01 PM]

what I really want is like this:-
- <= $2/month
- >= 2Mb space
- >= 1Gb bandwidth
- CGI access
- Domain host
simple rite? but... :/

Well < $2 is a bit extreme considering most hosts pay over $2 per GB of bandwidth nevermind covering costs for staff etc.

Under $2? That isn't even worth it for the host. Really. If you aren't willing to pay for decent server, connection and support, I'd recommend signing up with a free provider. You spend more than that at McDonald's per month.

Well.. The main reason why I look for a paid host was I don't want a banner on my every page on my site. While every free host(with domain + cgi) will require you to put a banner on your page. The host I'm using now was virtualave.net. Makes my page very ugly with the text under the banner and yet slow sometimes. Well, since I've get some money from the ads revenue ~$30, I wish to use it to move my site to a new host, with bannerless with good bandwidth.(I don't want portland.co.uk bcoz their bandwidth was very low.)
And yet, I've found some cheap hosts like bitshack which provides a 2Gb bandwidth with that range of price.
I'm not looking for extreme host with that low price, but affordable and better host. So, I think is worth for me to try to find a good host.
I just wish to ask if anybody know is there any host better than the host I found?

Originally posted by km
Well, since I've get some money from the ads revenue ~$30, I wish to use it to move my site to a new host, with bannerless with good bandwidth. I just wish to ask if anybody know is there any host better than the host I found?

This service looks quite good: http://www.ghoulnet.com/
If you'll hurry you'll get 50megs/5gigs for £25/year(before christmas). Only two hops away from LINX. (Just signed one account with them and looks very fast.)

Also Worldzonepro is launching a new version of their service on 010101. If I remember right it was 36$/year (and no ads, the current pro comes with mandatory banners). See:
http://worldzonesupport.com/announcements.cgi

Originally posted by km
what I really want is like this:-
- <= $2/month
- >= 2Mb space
- >= 1Gb bandwidth
- CGI access
- Domain host
simple rite? but... :/

I can offer u this for 5$

ok, it's $3/mo now. well, digitalspace.net's $3/mo plan offers all you want, in higher quantities [10 mb space, 2.5 gb transfer, cgi, domain].

I could offer it too but it would be a pointless deal. Id be expected to provide a high level of support in exchange for peanuts in return. Then when i miss an email you come back here and slate the host. Guess thats one of the many reasons why its either free or $10 a month for a decent service at all hosts.

Back