• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

General Question about cpanel xp

hostingent

Has anyone heard of cpanel xp and how come the large hosting companies like hostgator.com don't offer it? imo it seperates you from the growd of other hosting companies offering the plain rvskin and x2 theme

I have heard of it and use it too. Some people really like it. No idea why large companies don't use it.

I've heard of it. Just depends on the person, personally we're working on creating our own theme from ground up and not off of anyone elses stuff.

hostingent said:
Has anyone heard of cpanel xp and how come the large hosting companies like hostgator.com don't offer it? imo it seperates you from the growd of other hosting companies offering the plain rvskin and x2 theme

Most companies don't use cPanel XP because of the demand it lacks. HostFrog has cPanel XP and most customers wish to not use it. They are comfortable with what they know. So basically its all about change, customers do not like change especially in an industry such as web hosting.

I agree with HostFrog, people get use to things and mainly go with what they've seen, used and of course knew or know. You must remember to kinda conform to what they are use to when branding anything or changing things.

i agree

if a customer signed up with me and noticed his account did not have cpanel xp then all he would have to do is ask and i would do it so he is authorising the change not me it's there for the taking but the reasson why i choose it was becuase most host seem to use x theme which is boring and with cpanel xp you have loads of features etc and many more can always be intergrated

We use RV Skins. In my opinion the layout is much simpler for customers than the CPanel XP theme, and as uncrazy said, we haven never been asked about the CPanel XP theme either.

cpanel xp is an excellent product, especially when you add the cpanel app extras to it as well.

Unfortunately it's not very well advertised or pushed and therefore there's not that many who've heard of it.

I've been using it for over a year and my customers love it :)

I have nearlly 7 skins for the cpanel on my server but I still use the X theme cuz in my opinion its easiest to navigate.

Cpanel XP is very easy to customise, so no reason for it to be difficult to navigate. I'd suggest you go over to http://cpanelskindepot.com and read all the features of the theme and cpanel app (which allows you to design custom pages, modify the xp theme etc...)

It also has a theme switcher which can also ne integrated into the X theme so that you customer can switch back & forth if they prefer.

Unfortunately I don't get a sales commission, but I'd still sugget you have a good look at it's capabilities before dismissing it.

I am the developer of Cpanel XP EVOLUTION.
Thank you monaghan for pointing me to this thread.
First and foremost let me dispel some myth.
It is not true that large companies don't use it.
:shame: :shame: :shame:
We have really major hosting companies in our client base, we're talking way bigger than the companies you have mentioned above, they are just not very verbose about it. :cool2:

The part that you guys are right about is that we don't promote it that much. We tend to let satisfied customers do the talking.
:)

And I would highly suggest Cpanel XP if you cater to end users who are graphically incliined (webmasters,etc) or if you offer reseller accounts.
I mean can any reseller honestly claim that he/she likes x skin better after checking out the features of Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back