• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GameServer / Shout...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotlinks

I am interested in starting a gameserver and or shout, I have a dedicated
server, but have no idea where to begin.... any help would be appreciated.

Thank-You

Yeah,

Gameserver - You probably might want to get TCAdmin, the gameserver control panel that's a start. From the admin-end you can configure everything. But, to start a gameserver make sure you have high RAM/Memory. 1,024MB would do fine, but the more the better.

Shoutcast - You're going to need Debian OS, and then run a command. (I'm pretty sure Debian). Then, get a scPanel and again using the admin-end account you can configure and do what ever you want.

I suggest you go with webhosting first, you can learn many things by doing this. Maybe sell some VPSs, reseller accounts, shared hosting. It's very simple. All you need is a control panel. (Try getting cPanel/DirectAdmin/Plesk) with root access and you'll do good.

Goodluck!

before buying the dedicated (even though you already did) you should sit down and figure out what you want to accomplish, where your knowledge truly is in regards to these various technologies and choose accordingly. It is a tough world and it isn't quite as easy as buying a dedicated and raking in money hand over fist.

game server

AvailNetworks said:
before buying the dedicated (even though you already did) you should sit down and figure out what you want to accomplish, where your knowledge truly is in regards to these various technologies and choose accordingly. It is a tough world and it isn't quite as easy as buying a dedicated and raking in money hand over fist.

I do not recall saying anything about raking in money. if users want quaulity
service then they can come to me, if they want it cheap on a low quaulity server, then they can go to you, but at this time, that is not where I am headed...I am only intereted in setting something up...

GameServer Software

Chief said:
Yeah,

Gameserver - You probably might want to get TCAdmin, the gameserver control panel that's a start. From the admin-end you can configure everything. But, to start a gameserver make sure you have high RAM/Memory. 1,024MB would do fine, but the more the better.

Shoutcast - You're going to need Debian OS, and then run a command. (I'm pretty sure Debian). Then, get a scPanel and again using the admin-end account you can configure and do what ever you want.

I suggest you go with webhosting first, you can learn many things by doing this. Maybe sell some VPSs, reseller accounts, shared hosting. It's very simple. All you need is a control panel. (Try getting cPanel/DirectAdmin/Plesk) with root access and you'll do good.

Goodluck!

TCadmin appears to be for windows only, are there other gameservers
for other OS, unix, lynix, ect?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back