• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

freebsd bootdisk help

is0lized

See Below
im pretty stupid :eek:

and i need step by step instructions on how to make a freebsd 4.5 boot disk, i read the instuctions but they aint very good, any one care to help?

last time i installed FreeBSD, I didnt use a bootdisk. I downloaded the iso image from linuxiso.org (or .com, can't remember now), burnt it to a CD and booted the server from the CD. The ISO image I downloaded was the bootdisk. Once I booted the server w/ the bootdisk, I told it to download the setup files via FTP and that's how it installed.

Are you sure you can't go into the BIOS and change it to boot from CD? I think the default is "A, C, SCSI", but I set it to C, CD, A for me I think.

flash them? what do you mean?

i wish i could update my bios, i can get the info if you need, mabey someone could help me out

flah the bios = update the bios. Gotta find out ur mobo info what the most recent bios revision is currently on it. and if its like a dell or compaq or something like that visit their site if not go to the manufacturers site and look for bios downloads for ur mobo and they come with directions for ur type of mobo

i know i have a 1998 Phoenix bios or some sort, and it is dell

ill look, or call, how do i update bios? i have never done it

get the model # and ur bios revision it will show you in the boot up sequence and goto support.dell.com and put in model # or service tag # from the back and you will get a personalized site about ur puter and just look for bios downloads

Back