• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FreeBSD 5.1 + Cpanel = Inestability?

MATRIX

Internet Solutions
NLC
Hi,

I just got my FreeBSD 5.1 Server, and i can't Belive that this Server is soo Buggy :angry2: I have tested Cpanel on RedHat (always), this is my First FreeBSD Server, but it seems a lot of Buggy this here and there... :cow2:

Anyone experiencing this?, the NOC Installed FreeBSD 5.1 Release :confused2

Cheers

I'm surprised they managed to install cpanel on FreebSD out of the box.

FreeBSD isn't unstable, but it won't work right out of the box. Requires ton of modification to both the script and the OS.

Originally posted by Robert
I'm surprised they managed to install cpanel on FreebSD out of the box.

FreeBSD isn't unstable, but it won't work right out of the box. Requires ton of modification to both the script and the OS.

Ahh Robert, so you don't recommend me using FreeBSD + Cpanel ?, Since a lot of People say that Cpanel Sucks on FreeBSD... Maybe it's a Cpanel Code Issue :(

Originally posted by MATRIX
Ahh Robert, so you don't recommend me using FreeBSD + Cpanel ?, Since a lot of People say that Cpanel Sucks on FreeBSD... Maybe it's a Cpanel Code Issue :(

Yes it is cPanel code. And unless you have extensive knowledge in FreeBSD, I wouldn't. You are setting yourself up for hell.

Originally posted by Robert
Yes it is cPanel code. And unless you have extensive knowledge in FreeBSD, I wouldn't. You are setting yourself up for hell.

I am considering to order a new server, and one of my providers said that they prefer FreeBSD. but they will use version 4.9, not 5.1 because of the stability. And they are using Webmin instead of Cpanel.

is it a good idea? or I should keep continue with Linux?

tks

Originally posted by gate2vn
I am considering to order a new server, and one of my providers said that they prefer FreeBSD. but they will use version 4.9, not 5.1 because of the stability. And they are using Webmin instead of Cpanel.

is it a good idea? or I should keep continue with Linux?

tks

In My case it was a Mess... The NOC is Reimaging Now to RedHat 9 ... LOL

I would stay with RH

Cheers

Back