• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free webhosting for "GO" enthusiasts

allanh

Bankai
NLC
hi, I am offering 5 accounts to people who are ready to build "GO" (otherwise know as "weiqi" in Mandarin) websites.

It must be either in English, Japanese or traditional Chinese. Other languages are ok if they include a fullly-translated English version.

No illegal warez allowed. otherwise everything is ok as long as used under the space and bandwidth limitation.

==================
what I offer:

cPanel 6
All functions of cPanel enabled ( ie unlimited subdomains, unlimited MySql, full cgi support, shopping cart...etc)
reliable and the hosting will NOT disappear
1 banner-ad on the index page
rules are very laxed (media files allowed as long as legal)

40 mb space, 500mb transfer(can be increased if needed later)

Last edited:
"GO" is an ancient form of chess. It's very very popular nowadays, thanks to an anime series called "Hikaru no Go"

If you search the internet with google.com, you will find plenty of info.

a good website is http://www.gobase.org

Go...I just don't have the patience for such a game. You an avid player, allanh?

But how do you build a website about a board game? :confused:

Last edited:
hi, conk;

I am just an ok player. However, GO has become an increasing popular game since the publication of the manga 'Hikaru no go' . I found the interesting side of GO ever since then and wanted to learn more.

i am hosting people who can make a good GO site, which can be anything related to GO ( information, teaching, links, discussion board...etc)

I hope everyone can start seeing the interesting side of GO.:)

yehey!

i'm an avid go player. I have been thinking of making a site where you can play go in real time just like the ones you find in yahoo, the big difference is that you can play even if you are behind a firewall.

I'm not sure what are the needed resources to make such a site. I do know the yahoo's version is a java applet which is ok.

Since I am behind a firewall here at school i had to content myself with those turn-based games which is fine.

hikaru no go is the reason why i got into go in the first place.

Last edited:
Originally posted by kojiro
yehey!

i'm an avid go player. I have been thinking of making a site where you can play go in real time just like the ones you find in yahoo, the big difference is that you can play even if you are behind a firewall.

I'm not sure what are the needed resources to make such a site. I do know the yahoo's version is a java applet which is ok.

Since I am behind a firewall here at school i had to content myself with those turn-based games which is fine.

hikaru no go is the reason why i got into go in the first place.

hi, so are you going to apply for an account?

p.s I would prefer you to have a site already on the net where you can show me or if you can show me at least a framework of your future site.

And another thing: IRC is not allowed.

If you are fine by these rules, I will gladly accept any GO site.:)

pm me with your details and we can keep in contact

Hi allanh,

I am interested in your offer, it seems a little bit strange,
:D I guess you are taiwanese.
:confused: is it possible work with mandrin? you know everybody live in taiwanu or hk could nderstand simplified chinese lang.

I was rank 1 player of 'go'(weiqi) , but it was a long term i had not played the game, now I am interested in RENJU(similar chess panel with 15x15 instead of 19x19, any idea of it?), is it permitted?

BTW. Do you allow online gaming?

Last edited:
hello:

Sorry, I have a personal dislike of simplified Chinese.
However, you are welcomed to use English.

Also, I only want to host "GO" website...

Online gaming... you mean like an IRC?

Sorry, no IRC server allowed. However, if you can somehow use an PHP or Java script to run the gaming, then it's allowed.

Back