• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free domain name?

Hi,

Look i don't know what you guy's are talking about shipping for?

We are talking about domains right?

No credit card? .... RegisterFly .. $10 ... and they take money orders.

As far as ... Namezero .. is concerned ... stay clear .. well clear.

If you have a good domain .. register it with one of the many Registars that cost betwen $8 and $10 .. and if you don't have a credit card go with GKG.net .. or RegisterFly.

NameZero .. will only give you a free domain .. after they have checked your choice of domain.

You know why? .. i'll tell you .. because it is a LOAN .. nothing i this world is free .. not even Yahoo mail .. i mean the amount of ads that ou have in your face latey is crazy .. new flashy ones also .. i must have seen that Classmates .. ad a million times on Yahoo mail.

Namezero .. know that if your domain is a good one .. you will eventualy want to host it with them .. for $30 a year .. and if you want to transfer .. guess what .. you gotta sign up first.

Thats not free ... it's just a loan ... with 200% interest.

I learnt that the hard way.

It's your idea .. your doin .. don't give it away to loan sharks.

Deco.

Hi again,

i = in

doin = domain

Sorry about my typing.

I am one of those hen pecking typist.

I one of those guys that ake typosquatters rich :)

Take it easy,
Deco.

Be carefull with namezero.

If you can not pay with credit card. Find someone whoever has one. Pay that person a small fee for the use of the credit card. That's all.

Originally posted by Ryan_man
Exchange rate. take your USD and add %60. So 1 dollar Canadian equals 1.60. If I were to send a check it costs like $40 for fees. I dont have a credit card... so I might be in trouble :(

You obviously didn't check too hard man...first, off its closer to 50% than 60%....so 1 dollar is about 1.52, actually. Second, a letter from canada to the US costs around 60 cents. I assume you're not going to mail 10 pounds of loonies, so your total costs, if it were $10 US would be around $16 dollars.

Edit:

Forgot you can't cash a canadian check in the US. So you'd have to add the price of an international money order to the total cost, which I believe is around $3 dollars at any Canada Post outlet.

Another Edit:

The cost to mail a letter to anywhere in the USA is exactly 60¢.

The cost of an US Postal Money order is $3.50.

You should easily be able to pay for your domain under $20 CDN.

Last edited:
hello? did anyone notice that this topic is over a month old? I allready have a domain name and im happy. Second, it depends which register I go with. It was $10 USD, and they said add $20 CAD for some reason to renew my domain. Who cares this topic is over with.

Back