• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FREE 1GB Disk & 20GB Bandwidth - cPanel & Fantastic - NO POST2HOST! - NO ADS!

dotlayer

Dot Layer (http://www.dotlayer.com) is celebrating its grand opening!

We are offering free web hosting with no ads and no post to host requirements. Our free web hosting plan comes with the following specifications:

* 1GB Free Web Space
* 20GB Free Bandwidth
* MySQL Databases
* POP3/IMAP Email
* CGI, PHP, Python, SSI Support
* Zend & Ion Cube
* cPanel 11 & Fantastico De Luxe
* Enterprise grade servers
* Nightly Remote Backups
* Instant Activition
* Web Statistics
* No ads & no post to host!

Fantastico would not install forum. Was it not activated?

Also, I am glad you have Cpanel 10. Cpanel 11 has that horrible "save in which format" crap I have to keep doing for every page I create.

So far the service seems good, though it is only an hour old. I will keep an eye on my site and hopefully be able to keep it there :)

Last edited:
Fantastico would not install forum. Was it not activated?

Sain Cai,

Thank you for signing up with us! Please submit a trouble ticket to our support department or send an email to support [at] dotlayer.com and we will assist you as quickly as possible.

I have completed successful installs of both available forum software using Fantastico. Please submit a ticket to support and we will look into your account further.

We are actually using cPanel 11 but we are using the cPanel 10 skin (x2).

Last edited:
i hope this one are long term free hosting, at least any notification when the free are stopped.

cPanel has invalid SSL Certificate signing. I used a well known proxy to sign into cPanel and found a hacking popup thats designed to steal sensitive user information. Good thing I use Firefox or I would be screwed. It could be a false positive, but that and the invalid SSL leads me to think otherwise. I'd advise you to find hosting elsewhere until security holes are fixed.

I've signed on 16th Jun and found my account removed or not accessable today... have not upload web site or nothing yet 'coz currently renewing web site and wanted to upload it as soon as i could... but know I don't think I'm going to use such a hoster...

1 week without uploading a website is grounds for deleting an account from any host. Do not hold it against them because you were not ready.

What do you mean also when you say, "renewing website"?

1 week without uploading a website is grounds for deleting an account from any host. Do not hold it against them because you were not ready.

What do you mean also when you say, "renewing website"?

I mean creation of new design. adding a few more features which is required and other things.

Well, they could at least give a notice or something... could not they?! and I'm sure I would upload it...

cPanel has invalid SSL Certificate signing. I used a well known proxy to sign into cPanel and found a hacking popup thats designed to steal sensitive user information. Good thing I use Firefox or I would be screwed. It could be a false positive, but that and the invalid SSL leads me to think otherwise. I'd advise you to find hosting elsewhere until security holes are fixed.

The reason FireFox reports that the SSL certificate is "invalid" is because it is self-signed. Everything transfered is still encrypted. I do not know what you are referring to when you say you received a hacking popup but have you considered that it is the proxy you are using?

I've signed on 16th Jun and found my account removed or not accessable today... have not upload web site or nothing yet 'coz currently renewing web site and wanted to upload it as soon as i could... but know I don't think I'm going to use such a hoster...

We had a tremendous amount of individuals sign up and then never login even once within a week so we began to delete these accounts. There were literally hundreds of these accounts. Many attempted to send spam first which is what initially prompted us remove these idle accounts. We could not simply allow these individuals to ruin the hosting experience of legitimate users. Unfortunately, and I admit we likely did remove legitimate idle empty accounts, for example yours, and we apologize for this. You are more than welcome to resign up.

We had a tremendous amount of individuals sign up and then never login even once within a week so we began to delete these accounts. There were literally hundreds of these accounts. Many attempted to send spam first which is what initially prompted us remove these idle accounts. We could not simply allow these individuals to ruin the hosting experience of legitimate users. Unfortunately, and I admit we likely did remove legitimate idle empty accounts, for example yours, and we apologize for this. You are more than welcome to resign up.

Signed again and waiting for confirmation... Order Number: 4791527218
Would be great if you could speedup the process.

I've got pages to upload, so account won't get deleted again hopefully :wave:

Signed again and waiting for confirmation... Order Number: 4791527218
Would be great if you could speedup the process.

I've got pages to upload, so account won't get deleted again hopefully :wave:

Your account has been activated. Apologies for your prior experience.

Back