• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

eMail-2-DB

ashben

How may I design a solution to store e-mails "directly" to the mySQL DB? So, if someone sends an e-mail at test@123.com then the mail is transparently stored to the mySQL DB/table in a text/memo field.

When I said "directly", I meant a seamless integration between the mail server and database server.

well.. i'm not really sure how to do it myself.. but here is what other scripts do..

alias mail.. from solutionscripts.com
uses procmail to send the email to a program to be processed.. i've tried procmail before and not sure how to use it.. also they allow .forward files which may be what you are looking for.. find information about it.. it allows piping incoming email to a program..

gossamer mail.. from gossamer-threads.com
uses a pop3 account and crontab and checks the pop3 account every once in awhile using crontab and a perl program.. reads email and puts it into a mysql database..

those are both web based email scripts..

Back