• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Desperate Help Needed

gulp

Desperate Desperate Desperate !

Hi,

You know, some-thing is really funny.
When you sign-up for free web-space, they give you unlimited band-width.
When you sign-up for paid-host, you get limited band-width.
Why is that ?
Now, you may say that, there is no such thing as an unlimited band-wdth but if this is the case then when a free web-space user gets tonnes of traffic then how come his/her web-site is not shut down for going over the monthly band-width limit if there is any band-width limits ?
You see, free hosts do not put band-width limits because the more traffic the more their sponsor banner is exposed and the more they earn.
Now free hosts do offer paid plans but put the band-width limit.
I think that free hosts who have paid-plans should offer us the opportunity to over the monthly band-width limit providing we allow them to display their sponsor banner on our pages after our band-width has exceeded the monthly limit.

Look at it this way......

I launch a free web-site on a rare topic for testing purposes.
I suddenly get lots of traffic because no-one else has such a web-site and lots of band-width is consumed.
Say that, monthly 50 gig of band-width is spent.

Now, I decide to go for the paid-plan so I can get rid of the host' annoying popup or embarrasing text which says :

"this web-site is hosted on the free host....."

Now usually, paid-plan' band-width limit is 10 gig, so now I would have to spend more money for the xtra 40 gigs.
Not so good.
And so, I think it is better that whenever I go over my monthly band-width limit 10 gigs then the host put his sponsor banners on my pages (top and bottom) providing he splits 50% of the top banners' revenues with me and does not display any ridiculous texts such as :

"this web-site is hosted on the free host....."

or

"this web-site is sponsored by....."

Only can display cpm banner on the top providing he split 50% of revenues with me.
Host does not have to share the bottom banner' revenues with me at-all.
Good idea ?

That' all.

And no :

* text ad
* frame
* pay per click banner
* popup
* etc.

Should display nothing that will make my web-site look cheap and free.

I think this is a good idea because I do not have to buy more band-width nor do I have to get my web-site shut down for that month when it goes over the monthly band-width limit because shutting my web-site down will drive-away my traffic for good.
Plus, the web-host does not really lose out because he earns from my extra free band-width which he provides me.

Now, you people may have a question that why do not I just buy more band-width when my web-site goes over the monthly band-width limit?
I mean, if I get so much traffic then surely I must be selling and earning.
Well folks, not every web-site earns some-thing by selling products or services.
Some just provide free services just to get sticky traffic so one day they can sell their domain for a good lump sum.
I want to be like them.
And some just provide free services to attract sticky traffic just to be in a position to display their sponsor cpm banners to earn revenues from the banners. I want to be like them.
I am not good at selling or creating a seductive web-site that influences people to purchase.

Now, I have done the calculations and I see that I will earn less from the sponsor cpm banners than what I will spend on the extra band-widths.
Hence, when my web-site goes over the monthly band-width limit, it is no good spending money buying more band-with because I will make a loss.
If sponsor cpm banners were paying good rates then there was no problem.
Also, it takes around 2 months for you to get your cheques.
I know that they pay monthly, but then they take some time issue-ing the cheques so usually you will have to wait 2 month, after you put their cpm banners on your web-site, before you see a cheque.
So, if I sign-up to a sponsor and display his cpm banner and after 2 months I see that the sponsor is a con and is with-holding my cheque then that means I have wasted money buying the extra band-widths for these 2 months when my web-site traffic went over it' monthly band-width limit.
Hence, I lose-out and the fraud sponsor wins from my money.
That' one of the reason, I do not want to pay for extra band-widths when my web-site goes over the monthly band-width.

Can any web-host offer what I want ?
Can anyone recommend such a host ?

Also can anyone recommend a domain registrar who allows anonymous domain registration so my personal details do not show-up on the public whois and does not expect me to provide a phone number and will accept Postal Orders.
I have found many anonymous domain regsitrars but they either expect me to give them my phone number or would not accept Postal Orders.
When you recommend me any, do make sure that they provide the 2 things I want.
Otherwise, do not waste my time.

Last edited:
spamming ?

And just how did I spam ?
No, I did not know cross-referencing is not allowed.
Ok, delete your message because I have deleted my cross-reference.

Back