• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dedicated Servers

Definately a server - managed /unmanaged?

Let us know what you need and it'll get you closer to what you actualy do :)

Originally posted by Robert
servermatrix.com
managed.com
ev1servers.net

EV1 and servermatrix is unmanaged. And they're good choices if you're familiar with server management .

I have a friends having server at EV1. He lost everything recently, because of hard disk failure, and EV1 dont have responsibility in backup.

Another great choice is dinix.com. I like them because of their quality of service :) great uptime, fast server and connection, 24/7 supporting service (many companies said that 24/7, but not true)

about managed.com: heard many bad comments :( I dont go with managed.com if I were you.

Originally posted by gate2vn
EV1 and servermatrix is unmanaged. And they're good choices if you're familiar with server management .

I have a friends having server at EV1. He lost everything recently, because of hard disk failure, and EV1 dont have responsibility in backup.

Another great choice is dinix.com. I like them because of their quality of service :) great uptime, fast server and connection, 24/7 supporting service (many companies said that 24/7, but not true)

about managed.com: heard many bad comments :( I dont go with managed.com if I were you.

Thanks. I have no experience in the hosting industry so I'm a little clueless.

Originally posted by gate2vn

Even with a managed plan, you are responsible for your own backups. Managed servers mainly mean that the datacenter staff will keep your server up-to-date with the latest software/patches proactively. Some include free security auditing, etc.

I use ServerMatrix and they are great. They updated Orbit (used to manage the server, check bandwidth, and ticket system) now they have live chat there too. You can order their backup service and get a higher managed plan with like 2 hours per month of a tech person.

Im looking for a Webserver that i can rent and then host other people on it so said do Webhosting. as far as i see ev1servers.net doesn't have that future as i see you just get a Webserver where you can put your own site on but not host others with accounts etc.

and anyways how trust worthy is ev1servers.net, has anyone used ev1servers.net already? did everything work ok etc no problems?

Last edited:
Originally posted by Reindeer
Im looking for a Webserver that i can rent and then host other people on it so said do Webhosting. as far as i see ev1servers.net doesn't have that future as i see you just get a Webserver where you can put your own site on but not host others with accounts etc.

not sure your scale, but if you are just starting, I suggest you to start with a reseller account. When you have enough clients, you go with VPS or dedicated server.

anyway, EV1 is still a great DC. their connection is fast. I had a reseller account with a company, that has server there, and I am sure my clients were happy. If you want to rent server at EV1, you have to know about server management, always remember that :)

But You get all the software to start and running your own hosting biz. And I know the network is real fast and no downtime.

:) Hi Reindeer
If you are just starting out (and it sounds like you are) there is no need to start with a dedicated server unless you have the money and your business plan allows for it.

I would recommend that you go with a Reseller Package to start with, that way you gain the knowledge on how to run your hosting business, you get use to the control panel, plus you don't need to know how to administer a server because the hosting provider that you purchase the reseller package through does all that for you, leaving you more time to promote your business and gain new clients.

The cost of a reseller package is considerably lower than a dedicated server and is a perfect way to see if you can be successful in your endeavor, without out laying a lot of money as you would on a Dedicated Server, especially if you don't have the knowledge and need to hire a server admin as well.

If you think a Reseller Package is the way to go please visit
http://www.bright-byte.com/reseller.shtml

If you still feel that a Dedicated Server would best suit your needs please visit
http://www.bright-byte.com/dedicated_servers.shtml

If you decide to utilize our services we will help you where ever possible as we know how confusing it can be when you are first starting out.

Back