• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Day After Thanksgiving Sales!! Excited?

Conscript

NLC
NLC
This post applies to US consumers mostly, as the day after Thanksgiving is the largest sale day of the US retail industry.

This year at Best Buy there will be a laptop for $499 and e-machines computers starting at $199! 42" Plasma TVs at $1499 at CompUSA, free 100 packs of CD-Rs, and many more goodies!

Check out www.bf2004.net for a listing of what stores have what on sale.

I am going to buy myself a 256MB MP3 player that will be on sale for $29.99, I'm going to pick up most of the free items, and probably a new dual layer DVD burner for $39.99.

Stores open at 6 AM on Friday, and you should be there and in line at least an hour before that if you wanna get in on any good deals as they will sell out fast. Unfortunatley I have to work that day in retail, but I don't start till 10, so I have a few good hours before that to shop.

So what are your plans? Anything specific you're looking to buy?

256MB is enough for about 60 songs. Currently I use a regular CD player that stores just one album (duh). So for me that's an improvement anyway because I don't ever carry CDs other than what is in the CD player.

I wouldn't mind loading up maybe 4 or 5 CDs every week to listen to for the week. I guess for the big music fan that's not adequate but for me it should be. Hmm.. I wonder if they make mp3 players with SD slots. That would be awesome.

At $30 though a 256MB mp3 player is a steal considering that it retails for $130. It will definitley hold me over until I get an iPaq. :)

Nice price...

I got an old 64mb one for around that price a few days ago at the Creative Warehouse Sale.

Good thing is that it supports 128MB MMC cards.

It's a Creative Digital Mp3 Player 2 by the way.

Last edited:
If you want one of the sale computers from Best Buy, better get there eearly. They will be probably sold out by the time the doors open, since there will be employees selling outside. I work at Best Buy in computer sales, and I gotta get there at 4:15 tomorrow morning to start selling outside. Crazy.

So excited I'll be sleeping late. :biggrin2:

I was stupid enough to go a few years back.. never again. :bandit2:

I go for the entertainment. I stand at the edge of the K-Mart parking lot, and watch people honk and give "the finger" to each other. 'Tis the season to be jolly.

jerry4dos said:
I go for the entertainment. I stand at the edge of the K-Mart parking lot, and watch people honk and give "the finger" to each other. 'Tis the season to be jolly.
and jolly there family members will be when they see the presents that they are getting, ;) , i will be waking up early tomorrow for the sales!

Well, I just slept through pretty much the entire thing (after 11:00am there's nothing left anyway, it's 10:21am now.) Feels just about as good sleeping in as it does finding "good" deals. :)

Me and my friend went to Walmart early in the morning to buy a bunch of the $3.88/$5.50 DVDs, but that's about it. They had some crappy movies, but I managed to find a few that I wanted: Blazing Saddles, Goodfellas, Porky's, Men of Honor, The Postman, Blade Runner, The Client, Arlington Road, Con Air, McHale's Navy, and The Faculty.

While we were at the DVD rack a bunch of moms acting worse than their snotty nosed children crowded in around us and pushed us back from the rack so we couldn't look through the movies. I called them a bunch of psycho bitches acting like crack addicts over all these "great deals", and told them to act like civilized people instead of a heard of savage morons. Needless to say, they didn't like that too much.

Nick said:
A little off topic but... In the early stage of that movie, you see a picture of a truck on the wall in a cell. It's actually my friends truck which made the Four Wheeler magazine front cover back in '96.

Attachments

• Con_Air.jpg
    Con_Air.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 6
Back