• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

CPC looking better every month now or is it....

CJ-1

With amazing media i do 103,000 Total Appearances a day with 82 actions.

103,000 X .25 cent = $25.75

If Valueclick pays 12 cent a click.........82 clicks X .12 cent = $9.84

My math may be off but CPM still looks better than CPC to me but im sure you could get more clicks than 82 with targeted banners but it would take 216 clicks with 103,000 impression a day to make what you make with .25 CPM?

Is it possible to get 216 clicks with 103,000 banner impressions in a day?

Yes..

83 clicks on 103,000 impressions suck. Geez thats like a .08 % CTR, Im surprised any CPM place would even hold onto you.

Most Click Thru Rates (CTR) are between .25-.5

A .5 rate would give you over 500 clicks a day.

216 clicks is just a .2 %, that should be real easy to get, unless your ads are on bottom of screen or the same ad or something else that would make it so no one clicks them.

gezz tel lme about it. I have 4,500 impressions, with 108 clicks ... which is around 2.0% CTR, which is around 4 to 5 bux accroding to Amazing Media ... now @ a CPC which pays lets says 12 cents a click that could have been around 12 bux. That's why I am going with a CPC .. ASAP. That's only in 2 weeks of the banner being up too. so my avg CTR should be around 200, but would be around 10,000 impressions if i keep up with Amazing Media ... I won't get paid... LOL.

So I have to agree with you. CPC are looking much better now then before :D

well i used to get 2% and it won't last (but use it while it does)
might as well try to find the best-paying CPC too...

Probably like everyone's, my clickthrough rate is falling.

I started in February 1999 with ValueClick, and the overall total for the two years with them is:

Impressions: 6,643,427
Clickthroughs: 16,014
Rate: 0.241 percent

More typical current numbers are lower. For the period since December 15, the clickthrough rate is 0.131 percent (302 clicks on 230,909 impressions).

So, no, I wouldn't count on 0.2 percent these days!

Why so many visitors? My site was a Yahoo "Pick of the Week" in October 1996, and that's when my traffic really started taking off. Media coverage has helped, too: there have been features in USA Today, Washington Post, countless other newspapers, CNN Headline News, etc., all unsolicited on my part.

All that publicity helped generate links to my site -- from humor sites, political sites, death and dying sites, cemetery sites, news sites, genealogy sites, etc., more than 1,200 in all.

However, I think most people find my site via search engines. Do an AltaVista or Google search on some semi-obscure politician, like a 1930s governor of Nebraska or something, and chances are you'll find hardly anything besides my entry on him.

I get about 20,000 to 30,000 file hits a day, from an average of about 5,000 IP addresses a day. That rate has been pretty steady for a while now; see the monthly/daily stats page. Traffic tends to be highest around Halloween and Election Day -- no surprise given the subject matter of politicians and cemeteries.

I have never bought any advertising for my site (though I have bought some fun little items like coffee mugs and bumper stickers to distribute to fans). I think I was just in the right place at the right time -- starting on the Web in 1996 when there was very little political history online.

Nor have I ever paid anything for web hosting. However, when I started doing ads, I made a deal with my host to give him 20% of ad revenue. He's just a self-proclaimed Unix geek who has a web server in his house, and has given accounts to a few of his friends, like me for example.

Back