• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Co-branding for a newbie

FluxFX

hey, i just bought my domain fluxfx.net (and i am hosting it on a pay host 25$ a month) But i have limited space 500Megs and i wnat to host more people, so i am buying another domain (getting the money order 2morrow) and i wnat to know what the best Co-branded service is and what they offer and if you used them?

thanks for the help and all... :)

I suppose you mean cobranded hosting.. I Hear that Northsky.com is good (they changed there name cant remember it now) but if you want my oppinion, they all suck and are not worth it.

well, i am going to run a host for some friends and soem good sites, but i will only host 10-15 people on my web hosting account (i have all the details done)

but i am buying a new domain name so i can host publicly with a co-branded service and in a few months when i get a job i will go dedicated and later pay hosting, but i have started out with my account and i want to move on to co-branded, thanks!

Your going to go from Dedicated server to Payed hosting? I think you should do a little bit of research before you take your next step.

You might want to watch out Flux... A LOT of hosts don't like their hostees having hostees themselves. I know of serveral sites of friends of mine that have had thier accounts deleted because of that...

You might want to check your host's TOS or email them and find out if its ok...

Just don't want you to have your account deleted -- with all your friend's sites along with it...

liquidweb.com doesnt mind if i resell my accounts!

plus i know a few people that host with these guys that host other people

Can I subdivide my space and resell it?
Yes you may. The easiest way to do this is with Virtual FTP accounts which are included with the pro account. You may create 50 without any charges using your control panel.

If they dont mind reselling they probley wont mind if i give some space to a few friends as long as i dont break my bandwidth limit 30GB i will probley buy more if needed (and yes i did order their highest plan Pro at 25$ a month)

and what i am going to do is what i said - i will go co-branded, when i get some money i will get a dedicated for awhile ill do free space and later on after i get that down i will paid hosting, in a year or two

[Edited by FluxFX on 01-25-2001 at 07:53 AM]

Back