• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cleaning laptop keyboard?

Sammie

Hello

I have an acer aspire 300 series, as you can tell by the topic title i am in need of cleaning out the keyboad, as in between the keys it looks like half a rubbish tip, what would be teh bets way about cleaning it out?

I'm not wanting to replace it, just fully clean it out.

Thank you

Ye, i just use a compressor and air hose.

Tho if you ever do anything involving water, remove battery, clean UPSIDE DOWN!

Never mind, issue has been resolved, i put my laptop on its side, and with the used of a small brush i cleaned around the keys and then used the vacume to pick up any extra bits. :)

i just cleaned mine like 2 days ago.
i took all the keys off.. stupid me watching TV, was putting the F key back on, and the plastic tooth thing snapped. So my F key isn't that usable anymore, it comes off most of the time. My space bar is annoying me now too.

and i cleaned the desktop one too, don't know why but some keys aren't working.

my advice is don't take the keys off and watch something you will be distracted by :p

You can get a mini vac with a USB connection for under $5 for exactly that type of cleaning :)

i just cleaned mine like 2 days ago.
i took all the keys off.. stupid me watching TV, was putting the F key back on, and the plastic tooth thing snapped. So my F key isn't that usable anymore, it comes off most of the time. My space bar is annoying me now too.

and i cleaned the desktop one too, don't know why but some keys aren't working.

my advice is don't take the keys off and watch something you will be distracted by :p
Hahaha! I did the same thing. I had to replace my keyboard with the new one :p

Back