• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.cjb.net has pop up's now

JustinSurfer

and before you say it is for the stats , they have been turned off , started doing it once every few visits these last few days , BUGGER!

but wzr.net u need to email the admin to change the mx record cjb.net u dont. another thing with cjb.net is that they have also taken ads off their own site

I found something new on their site:

No advertisements. There are no advertisements on uncloaked redirects and sites using IP aliasing or a third party DNS server. The use of URL cloaking does include advertisements, though these advertisements can be removed for only [...]

So if you don't use URL cloaking, you wont have ads... :confused:

Originally posted by martian

No advertisements. There are no advertisements on uncloaked redirects and sites using IP aliasing or a third party DNS server. The use of URL cloaking does include advertisements, though these advertisements can be removed for only [...]

thats rite but who the hell would want to see a long url like www.geocities.com/someplace/there/mysite/blahblah.html??

or just use cjb.net's ip mapping with jwdx.com or something. then you'd still have pathforwarding, etc...

Originally posted by martian

it used to be if you used stats u got ad's!

Actually cjb don't have ads...

If you use their counter, it will display a pop-up. All you have to do is select no for something to do with stats or counters. That should get rid of the ads. ;)

nope, i think u r wrong there cos i explained how they do the ads under url cloaking in another thread, they have an invisible frame on your site, the page that loads in that frame is ad thing, invisible to us tho, but every no and then that page refreshes and up comes a popup, go to yur cjb.net addy and wait a while, (thats if you use url cloaking) and surely enough you will see popups!

Back