• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cheques in the mail...

Cheques in the mail...

What's so bad about cheques?
  • Speed (Up to a month!)
  • Reliability (Postal System failing)
  • Weather (Wet Cheques don't work ;))
  • Knowing if they were actually sent

Why can't Ad Companies think about sending cash by other means?
  • Wire Transfer
  • PayPal
I've heard many ad companies complain about security issues of PayPal (Although AdSenger + SearchBucks use it) and many Ad Companies complain about the cost of Wire Transfers.

So why do I care so much?

I'm still waiting for my Standard Internet Cheque, they said they payed it, I have every right to believe them... but it hasn't come yet. Over one month from when it was issued.

So what I'm getting at is would you join an ad company if they had wire transfers or PayPal over another ad company without?

I would definetely join an ad company who pays electronically, over one who pays by check. Because it would be a lot faster and I would have my money, now, Now, NOW!

when i signed up for cj.com they asked me for my debit card....i think that means that they would transfer the money to your bank...so y don't u try them

I was just making a general statement, to get other people's opinions. But thanks for the advice anyway... what does everyone else think?

oh....well for some reason i actually like checks better...don't ask me y cuz i just do....i am 15 and i have no idea what paypal can do for me....even though i have an account there...

i'd prefer paypal, not thanks to the 2% they take off... You have your cash right away, (and i mean immediately), no worries about 'lost' checks, no worries about never getting paid but still showing the ads, no worries about getting screwed over more than you have to...

yo....can u transfer your paypal money to a bank in canada....cuz i live there and if i can't then i have so reason to use it

supermoo,

Send me an email. I can't imagine a check taking a month.

Re: PayPal.

You DO NOT want to use this service.

In brief...
-they are extremely susetible to fraud. There are many websites and IRC chats where they discuss nothing other than ways to get your password and transfer out your money.
-they have ZERO customer support. You will get auto-responder after auto-responder.
-if there is the smallest error in your email address they will open an account in the wrong address and you WILL NOT be able to change it. The company that sent you the money will have to do it and remember...they have ZERO support.

Using PayPal would save Standard Internet between $4000 and $5000 a month. We will not use it because we are obligated to pay our affiliates in full and on time and PayPal is a very weak service. If you use it I suggest you withdrawl the money the same day you get it.

We should have wire transfers set up for our december payouts at a very favorable rate.

Originally posted by coolguy23
when i signed up for cj.com they asked me for my debit card....i think that means that they would transfer the money to your bank...so y don't u try them

Why would they want your debit card???? I have set up many electronic transfers and NEVER had to give or ask for a debit card!!! -- All they really need is your bank's transit number and your account number -- I would be highly suspicious if they wanted a debit card number! I hope you did give out the PIN with it either -- if you did, contact your bank immediately and have it changed!

Originally posted by Robert from SI
supermoo,

Send me an email. I can't imagine a check taking a month.

Thanks for a company's insight into this matter, what about wire transfers? what's the pros and cons with them?

Also, I've sent you off an e-mail (from this odd forum based emial sender) so we can talk about this vanashing cheque?

In the post all my bills seem to travel two times faster than all my cheques! ;)

Yeah it was mailed on time! Whoops, forgot to point that one out :eek:.

But it arrived one month after the date on the cheque, taking into consideration that you cool SI people are in America. It's one day off a month.

The Mail System in America & Australia worked together to bring the cheque to me within 31 Days... amazing! :rolleyes:

IMHO....

You are very foolish if you use paypal for any type of meaningful affiliate payments.

We estimated that we could save $4000.00/month in check and postage costs if we switched to paypal.

You'll notice we're not switching to paypal...

;)

(If anyone is unaware of the hidden pitfalls of paypal let me know and I'll enlighten you....)

I'm not knocking SearchBucks. But if you use them have them pay you by check so you know you'll get paid on time and in full.

ATTN: SI

I want to sign up with you. However, I'm from the Philippines and I believe that the local banks don't accept international cheques.

A friend of mine was sent a $5 check by LifeMinders. However, when she tried to encash it in Banco de Oro (a local bank), it was denied because the bank did not recognize the check. They argued that if the check "bounced" or is a fake, they would really be in trouble.

I also don't have a credit card or debit card. How does wire transfer work?

Back