• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Cannot send email - "junk mail rejected" even though I never sent an email campaign

Albertwu

Since I moved my site to a different web host, I cannot send email from my site.

Do I try it, I get the message:

"Cannot send message using the server xxxxxxx

Verify you have addressed this message correctly...etc.

The server response was: "JunkMail rejected - cpe my IP address here - my internet provider web address here then a code number and seehttp://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl? IP=xx.xx.xx.xx."

Select a different outgoing mail server..."

I have been dealing with tech from my webhost for a year and they insist that my IP has been blacklisted and therefore I cannot send email.

I have had this IP for several years, and with my previous webhost I never had a problem. I also have no problems sending from my google, yahoo, ms accounts.

I never sent a single email campaign from my computer. This problem existed from day 1 with the current webhost.

I get two different replies:

a. Your IP has been blacklisted. Get another one.

b. Our firewall blocks your email because of failed log-in attempts.

My impression is that tech support is helpless and does not have a clue.

One guy once cleared out the list of failed login-attempts, and then my email worked for ten hours.

My guess is that their system has a problem, that it is the software of the host that rejects the mail.

Interesting fact: when I close Apple Mail, and re-open it, I can send email for about three minutes. Then it locks down again.

This should be the proof that it's not a "blacklist" that is doing this, because this blacklist wouldn't give me three-minute windows to send email.

I sometimes get an error message that says "time-out on port..."

What is your take on this?

What do you mean by "Your IP has been blacklisted?" Are they referring to your ISP IP address at home? That doesn't make sense, unless that's what you're using to send mail.

If you're using your web host's IP, then the IP address for their server (or even a large chunk of their network) has been blacklisted by Spamhaus, as noted in the error message.

It seems you have kept the sync time for mailbox too low and hence there are too many requests sent to the server. The server either blocks the IP or gives a timeout. You should try increasing the sync time or configure account as IMAP.

Back