• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Can anyone recommend some good CGI/Perl/PHP scripts?

Hobbes

Does anyone know where I can find any good CGI or Perl or PHP CHAT scripts? Yes... I know they're bandwidth hoggers...so what.. I'm looking for a chat script :) I've already searched through cgi-resources.com & php.resourceindex (I think that's what it is) and found the same stuff I have for the past year.

dont be a script kiddie :D

write your own

i am learning cgi and i am doing well go to pageresource.com and then cgi, nice place to start

write my own, huh? Well I did once, except it used cgi-lib.pl and hackers decided to exploit the holes in it and I'm too lazy to update it right now (because school is my job) and don't have much time to toy around with programming/scripting.

thanks for the resources :D

Originally posted by Hobbes
Yes... I know they're bandwidth hoggers...so what.. I'm looking for a chat script :)

This means that this script will be killed once it is put on a server. Still don't care? Script will show up and be *very* obvious.

Write it yourself? A chat script? The ones that are professionally written (debugged and optimized) are *still* server hogs. There was one or two that weren't too bad, but everyone will generally recommend a java chat script (hogs the resources of the person who is chatting :))

The one I have in my head was something like errrr.. everychat (something like that). CGI, but easier on the server. I can't remember the exact name, nor have a link to it though, sorry.

Chicken... well, I've put chat scripts on some servers and they haven't been killed yet.. guess I don't get enough people accessing them :( but thanks for the reference to echat/everychat... :) I'll keep looking.

Back