• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Best Forum Software

what is the Best Forum Software?

• SMF

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Invision

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • PhpBB

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • VBulletin

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
Prado said:
so then how do i get notified of updates??
thats wat SMF is good for
updates to your posts and topics
can be seen by clicking a link on the forum itself
no subscription or emailing involved!
Your subscribed threads are listed
in your user control panel, of course.

Bruce said:
Your subscribed threads are listed
in your user control panel, of course.
oh okay

heheh

i really didnt know that

cool
thanks man!, big time!

love ya.... :)

thnx!

Invision is, and always has been, my least favorite forum. It's HUGE, and it feels very, very slow. The one I use most often is PunBB.

If you had asked me a year ago, I would have said Invision Board but I don't really like the direction it is heading in now (I actually prefer the older version actually). I haven't used the admin area of vBulletin so I can't compare that aspect but if I was going to go and buy one tomorrow I would definitely consider vBulletin (though if you don't want to modify the skins then Invision Boards is slightly nicer). :)

i really started this poll
with the intention of knowing which was better
invision or vbulletin
sadly,
both have the same number of votes

so the purpose isnt served :(

oh well,
keep voting guys.... :)

SMF is growing in popularity. If you like it, why make a poll to see what others think? Just go for it.

I didn't mean for you to make a new poll, I just questioned why you made this one. If you like the software, does anyone else's opinion really matter? I am sure you will still use it, regardless of the poll results :)

Yep. Me, I think Lithium is the best. But will I stop using vBulletin, phpBB, and other boards because I don't like them? Nope. It isn't really the software that makes a board good. It's the members that are on the board.

Software does help, though.

Jan said:
I didn't mean for you to make a new poll, I just questioned why you made this one. If you like the software, does anyone else's opinion really matter? I am sure you will still use it, regardless of the poll results :)
cuz as now every1 seems to like vbulletin
i WILL use it henceforth
so thats wat the poll was for!
:) :)

are ppl just voting for vbulletin
cuz this forum is running on it?
or is it truly that good?

Last edited:
i've always used ipb, when it was free...since i had to buy it i switched to vb ......i don't think i would go back.......vbulletin is great

PHPBB is the best for more MODS! Invisionfree is best standard board as you can edit almost all the features on invision, phpbb is good cause u can add mods easily and theres plenty of mods around to add!

Dynahost said:
discuz seem neat... but some of my frens complain that it take too long to load
it's the fastest board among listed above. phpwind is the faster though.
your friends may not install discuz theirselves, most of discuz is hosted by china server. china server is slow from non-china.
go to discuz.net and check online list. how many ppls can connect simutaneously. it's not members online today, it's current online members.
discuz can hold more than 1500 online users and has many features like credits system,sell or buy threads/attachment with credits, donate credits, custom meta-tag, avatar background images, watermak, ad management, javascripts manager etc. this is not hack. It's native features.

Last edited:
Back