• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Australian Rack Space

Riverworld

hey everyone,

My brother works in a datacentre and he was telling me the costs which are to follow. I was just wondering what you all think of them?

The datacentre is in Ultimo (Sydney) and has a few important sites hosted there - I'm not going to say what though because I don't want to jeprodise [sic] anything.

Extremely secure datacentre... my brother is bio-scanned everytime he goes in, there is a police check done on everyone who goes into the datacentre... the datacentre has back-up generators, a substation to itself, air conditioning for all the servers... the usual stuff.

Now, to buy a quarter-rack is AU$1300/month. This includes 1 network cable which plugs straight into the core of a major telecommunications provider here, power-points, etc.

You have to bring your own server, and install it yourself (unless you want to pay a fortune for their tech-guys to do it). You can go into the datacentre 24/7 (as long as you pass security).

It costs AU$0.17/MB for data

---------

Now, is this expensive? I don't want comparisons to US-based datacentres, I already know how much they are... I am interested in Australian-based datacentres. What can you tell me?

Back