• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone Use NetDepot/Gnax???

SyntheticChaos

I saw that NetDepot is having a $1/month VPS special for the first two months of service. This was an amazing deal and I thought I would just try it. However after I made the order, I got the following email.

[FONT=&quot]Hello:[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Thank you for your recent purchase. Before we can process your order, please provide a faxed or scanned copy of your valid photo id. In an effort to prevent fraudulent activity, this information must be verified. You may fax this information to the fax number below or you may submit a scanned copy via email. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your business.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Billing Department
Global Net Access, LLC.
TranxActGlobal.com
404.230.9150 phone
404.230.9149 fax[/FONT]

Has anyone else been with this company. I just thought I would get the VPS for personal use because it is such an amazing deal. However now I am a little unsure about providing a photo ID and all this extra information. I have never had a hosting company ask for a photo ID and I have been buying hosting for years. What do you think about this?

Here is a link to the offer: http://www.netdepot.com/vps.php

They ask for an ID to verify your identity and protect themselves from fraud. It's normal procedure. Most of the companies I lease servers from do this. I have a server with Tranxactglobal and their network and support is good. Good response time IMO, even at 1am in the morning.

I am not too bothered by the fact I have to provide ID, I can understand that. I am just worried about how reliable this company is with this sensitive information.

Gnax have pretty high standards, I wouldn't worry too much about them abusing your privacy. If it doubt, contact them :)

They have been in the field for a long time and that is not a rare thing to ask a photo ID. For fraud checks most of the hosts ask for that. If you are interested in their service no meaning in with drawing because they have asked for your ID.

Alright, thank you everyone for your advice. I am going to go ahead and send them this information. I was just a little unsure and wanted to know a little more about this company.

This method of verification is something I will possibly consider being that I will be selling VPS (already selling) and Dedicated Servers in the upcoming weeks. I have had a few fraudulent orders at my site before so this might be a good method when selling the servers.

Thanks everyone.

Back